Watched Shows and Multiple HTPC's

ImTheTypeOfGuy

HTPC Specs: Show details

Watched Shows and Multiple HTPC's

Post by ImTheTypeOfGuy » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:49 pm

Just started using MC for TV due to receiving my HD Prime a couple months ago. This has led to questions that I haven't found answers for. I have MyMovies but I haven't tried 4.0 with the TV shows functionality yet.

How do you know what you have watched (for some I don't want to delete)?

How do you share your media across two HTPC's if you are not archiving your TV shows to a server? Do you just share the drive in the HTPC you are recording with or is there a better option?

I set up RDP for my HTPC but it doesn't work because it doesn't have a password. I set it up to go directly into windows with MC being in the startup menu. I know there is a way around this, but I am new to some of this and this one has me stumped?

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:58 pm

I'm not sure about MyMovies, because I use Media Browser.

For sharing media, simply share out each folder, then add the folder path to the library of the second system.

To disable the password requirement for RDP, go to Control Panel-->Admin Tools-->Local Security Policy --> Security Settings-- > Local Policies-- > Security Options, and look for ""Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only". Change Enable to Disable.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

mark1234

Post by mark1234 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:19 am

If you're trying to use Media Centre over RDP then save your time. You can use the menus and the like, but no video.
Windows Media Centre - Abandoned by Microsoft

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Post by ImTheTypeOfGuy » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:41 pm

mark1234 wrote:If you're trying to use Media Centre over RDP then save your time. You can use the menus and the like, but no video.
No, I just want to be able to RDP into it to set up recordings, change settings, etc.

tysoncsmith

Post by tysoncsmith » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:45 am

for setting up recordings and a few settings etc, i'd go with "remote potato" Works great remotely over the internet, even on iphones, androids etc. Allows you to stream to any device. I can watch recorded tv on my android tablet over the internet. Has been great to record something i saw at work and wanted to watch later. just dial in, serach and record. easy as that.