Video playback device does not support playback of protected

HBGDawg

HTPC Specs: Show details

Video playback device does not support playback of protected

Post by HBGDawg » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:47 am

So I am getting the dreaded "Display driver error The video playback devices does not support playback of protected content"

I have Win7 and Silicondust HDHomerun Prime (plus tuning adapter from TWC) and HDHomerun Connect (OTA).

OTA works fine. Selecting any channel off of the HDHomerun Prime gives me the above message. However, when I use the HDHomerun View application, I can see all the cablecard channels. I have rebooted the PC, Tuning Adapter and the HDHomerun boxes. It would appear to be something between WMC and the HDHomerun prime since i can see all the channels in the View app.

Any ideas?

HBGDawg

Post by HBGDawg » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:06 pm

I should add that we had a power outage 2 nights ago WHILE something was being recorded. Afterwards I was able to view cablecard channels. Appreciate any thoughts or help.

sbaeder

Post by sbaeder » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:57 pm

make sure that it has passed all the cable card "stuff" in WMC (you probably did that) and that it is using cable card as the tuning device on those channels, and not just the OTA ones (i.e. look at the guide to make sure that it knows that for those "digital" channels, that it needs to use the cable card tuners ONLY...) Only other thing I can think of is that somehow the tuner limit is preventing WMC from seeing the 3 tuner HDHR, since that would make 5 tuners and that is more than the limit of 4 - seems unlikely, but you never know, and using tuner salad to up the limit might be the thing to try first???

Best of luck

HBGDawg

Post by HBGDawg » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:33 pm

Resolved. I ran the Cable Advisor and it said my video adapter didn't support playback. I updated the driver and it was resolved. I assume the power outage the day before must have corrupted it.