Resolving Conflicts causes Media Center to Crash

ZippyTheChicken

HTPC Specs: Show details

Resolving Conflicts causes Media Center to Crash

Post by ZippyTheChicken » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:03 pm

Normally I record a lot of tv shows and I pretty much have my schedule booked and often even have a few shows that cant record because other shows have priority.

So when I go into the Movie Guide and try to add a movie that might overlap a few shows there is normally conflicts.

Sometimes I can manually go into my scheduled recordings and select do not record on a bunch of shows but its really pretty difficult.

If I select a movie to record and press resolve conflict the list of shows will come up that are in conflict.

But then when I press the "button" next to the Movie to give it priority it will almost .. every time .. crash media center.

I say normally because sometimes but not all the time if I only have 2 conflicts or fewer It won't crash and It will accept my selection.

I have also tried going into the Advanced selection under Resolve Conflict and tried to move the Movie to the top of the Priority list.

Again this will only work if I have a few shows and not many shows that I have to bump down below the movie I want to record.

Anyone know a fix for this? I am figuring its choking on the database lookups or something.

This happened for me with my Single Tuner card .. and now it is also happening with my New/Used Ceton 4 USB I just installed. Its an ongoing problem that I have had for probably a year since i have started loading up my schedule ...

Its one I want to fix because I want to record a ton of movies now and I hoped it would be easier with the Ceton .. it was one of the reasons I got it...

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:19 am

ZippyTheChicken wrote:Anyone know a fix for this?
2 choices.....more tuners or less recordings.

Space

Post by Space » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:53 am

Yes, I have this problem as well from time to time. As far as I know it is a bug that you just have to live with.

I usually am able to resolve conflicts by re-ordering the Series records (from the view scheduled->Series->Change Priorities section) so that the ones I want to record have higher priority. This will usually result in lower priority recordings being recorded at another time automatically (of course only if there are other airings available). If this doesn't work (like with one-off recordings instead of Series recordings), I will just tell WMC to "do not record" the episodes that are in conflict with the one-off one and manually set another airing of that episode to record at another time, or I will just tell it not to record the one-off recording and, again, set a one-off recroding for another airing.

I generally don't like to use the "conflict resolution" options since they make changes "behind the scenes" and I don't know how they work. Part of the conflict resolution stuff (like when you first set a Series to record) just either moves the new Series to #1 priority or leaves it at the end of list (lowest priority) (this is the "record all episodes" or "record only episode that don't conflict" options) and I am fine with using those, but the other conflict resolution options for when two or more shows come in to conflict (for instance at a later time) I tend to avoid, since it does something other than just adjust the priorities of the Series and I have no insight in to how it is doing that (it seems to have a secondary priority mechanism that supersedes the Series priority for individual timeslots/shows) and I like to have more control over what happens.

micneamol

Post by micneamol » Sat May 07, 2016 6:31 pm

I have this problem still. As was said sometimes changing priorities of the programs in conflict works. I am now running MC on windows 8.1 though have had the same problem since xp. Has anyone found a fix for this or is it just something i have to live with? Thanks in advance for any help.

marvin-miller

Post by marvin-miller » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:59 am

I've been seeing the same issue for some time now...EPG 123 & Hauppauge Colossus if this helps?