Command line options to start WMC Live and Fullscreen?

SepticSceptic

HTPC Specs: Show details

Command line options to start WMC Live and Fullscreen?

Post by SepticSceptic » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:19 am

Hi there,

new to WMC and EPG and still fighting my way thru various minor niggles.

Because I use a single channel DVBS tuner and EPG Collector, I need to shut down WMC to allow the EPG collector to run.

Having problems restarting WMC properly. Ideally I'd like to restart in live TV mode and full screen. Seems I can do either but not both.

This line terminates in an error:
cd \windows\ehome>ehshell.exe "/mcesuperbar://tv?live=true"

This line goes to Recorded TV, and full screen:
start ehshell.exe /nostartupanimation /directmedia:tv /PushStartPage:True

This line almost works:
cd \windows\ehome
start ehshell.exe /nostartupanimation /homepage:VideoFullscreen.xml /PushStartPage:True

And I think I need to sort out how to run the BAT's as Administrator in the scheduler without requiring intervention.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:35 am

Have you tried any of these commands yet? http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/05/media-ce ... tches.html
Attachments
WMC_CLI.JPG

SepticSceptic

Post by SepticSceptic » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:31 am

Yes, I found those commands from a MS site. However, I did find the commands I was using revert WMC to the state it was in when the service is stopped. So I can kill and restart properly as long as when I kill WMC it is in full screen mode.
This is what I use:

cd \windows\ehome

taskkill /im ehshell.exe

c:
cd "\Program Files (x86)\Geekzone\EPG Collector"
EPGCollector.exe /ini="C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\EPG Collector.ini"
cd \windows\ehome
start ehshell.exe /nostartupanimation /homepage:VideoFullscreen.xml /PushStartPage:True

KentDub

Post by KentDub » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:49 pm

Realizing this thread is old, it is still a high result on Google when I was searching how to start WMC in Live TV Fullscreen mode.

Here is my solution: %windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe /nostartupanimation /noshutdownu /directmedia:general /mcesuperbar://tv?live=true

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:56 am

KentDub wrote:Realizing this thread is old, it is still a high result on Google when I was searching how to start WMC in Live TV Fullscreen mode.

Here is my solution: %windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe /nostartupanimation /noshutdownu /directmedia:general /mcesuperbar://tv?live=true
I tried your suggestion, did I miss a space or something?

Opened up WMC in full screen but didn't start live for me. Did I copy this correctly?

Code: Select all

%windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe /nostartupanimation /noshutdownu /directmedia:general /mcesuperbar://tv?live=true