cannot see SD channels when HD version of channel available

lemont

HTPC Specs: Show details

cannot see SD channels when HD version of channel available

Post by lemont » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:13 am

Hi everyone,

Sorry for my messy english, i will do my best...

We still have an old cathodic SD TV. We use 7MC to record some TV shows and films.
Although wtv format is not very easy to handle, we convert files to Xvid in order to play them using a multimedia hard disk drive connected to our old SD TV.

Therefore HD is not very usefull for us at this time, and consumes a lot of disk space and CPU when converted to SD Xvid format.

You are about to tell me "easy, you just have to select the SD version of your channel in your channels list".

Unfortunately, when a HD version of a channel is available, 7MC only shows the HD version.
I did not find any settings to show both SD and HD versions (or only SD). And did not find any similar discussion on this forum.

Does anyone have an idea?
Thanks a lot

lemont

Post by lemont » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Nobody knows? (Or maybe i'm the last one to own an oooold cathodic TV?)

makryger

Post by makryger » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:44 pm

If you truly don't need the HD channels, you can hide them from your guide (and consequently, not record from them).
Go to Settings>TV>Guide>Edit Channels, and de-select the ones you don't plan on watching.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:04 pm

lemont wrote:Unfortunately, when a HD version of a channel is available, 7MC only shows the HD version.
I did not find any settings to show both SD and HD versions (or only SD). And did not find any similar discussion on this forum.
WMC shows the channels that are available. Assuming the listings are correct, if an SD version of a specific channel is not shown in the guide, that means there is no SD version of that channel available.

You can limit series recordings to SD only or to a specific channel in the recording settings for that series (go to recorded TV, view scheduled, series, click a series, series settings, channels).

lemont

Post by lemont » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:59 am

richard1980 wrote:
lemont wrote:Unfortunately, when a HD version of a channel is available, 7MC only shows the HD version.
WMC shows the channels that are available. Assuming the listings are correct, if an SD version of a specific channel is not shown in the guide, that means there is no SD version of that channel available.

You can limit series recordings to SD only or to a specific channel in the recording settings for that series (go to recorded TV, view scheduled, series, click a series, series settings, channels).
Hi and thank you to reply!

Some channels (TF1, France2, Arte, M6) are available both in SD and HD: i can watch them in HD on my computer thanks to WMC, and in SD on my old TV using a Numeric=>Analogic converter or using Kaffeine or Me-TV on my computer under Linux Ubuntu (dual boot). In WMC, my channel list show only the HD version of these channels. I tried to tune again and again, but my problem remains unsolved.
I could record those channels using Kaffeine, but unfortunately signal quality is low and this software seems to be less sensitive than WMC, and reception sucks sometimes.

Strange, isn't it?
Should I remove and re-install WMC?

lemont

Post by lemont » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:08 pm

UP!
No one has got an idea?