Weird Display Issues After Turning on TV (Intermittent)

bigsid05

HTPC Specs: Show details

Weird Display Issues After Turning on TV (Intermittent)

Post by bigsid05 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:13 pm

Cross-posted this from WEC:

I have an HTPC (Win7 x64, Radeon 6450) connected to my plasma (LG) and occasionally when I turn on the display (HTPC stays on 24/7 running Media Center) I get a strange display that looks like the image below. I am running the photos screen saver (the picture of the tree is an image that I have in my library as part of the screen saver, not a theme I have applied or anything like that) and typically the white bars surrounding each image are gone and when I attempt to start using media center it looks like the image below. The Media Center UI works as I am able to navigate to "Settings", then "Shut Down" and finally "Close" media center. The Windows desktop looks fine and everything works as normal if I restart media center. Any ideas what may be going on? I don't have any type of 3rd party theme installed so I have no idea where all the usual blue has gone and why the text is 'sticking' on the screen as I scroll through.

makryger

Post by makryger » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:12 pm

Thats weird... How are you connecting your screen to your computer? hdmi?
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:08 pm

What exact make/model video card are you using? What driver version are you using?

Try connecting your HTPC to a regular PC monitor and see if the issue occurs.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

bigsid05

Post by bigsid05 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:22 am

Connected via HDMI, Catalyst 11.6 for the Radeon 6450. Unfortunately, I don't have a PC monitor that I could readily connect the system to.

Might try updating to the latest catalyst and reinstalling the monitor drivers.