TWC Channel lineup Change Troubles

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
Crunch

HTPC Specs: Show details

TWC Channel lineup Change Troubles

Post by Crunch » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:44 am

TWC changing channel line up. WMC gives me two TWC options (Cable and Digital) for channel lineup, even with the new guide data that came through today.

I need to use third line 'Digital Rebuild' to have correct channel data. How do I get to use it?

Zap2it shows following
Cable
AT&T U-verse TV - Digital (Charlotte)
Time Warner Cable - Cable (Charlotte)
Time Warner Cable - Digital Rebuild (Charlotte)
Time Warner Cable - Digital (Charlotte)

The 'Rebuild' is the one I need but it doesn't show in WMC as option to use.

Crunch

Post by Crunch » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:46 pm

Had read the other post (7018) but they had option to choose the updated lineup. I am still not seeing the 'updated' lineup in WMC. Will I need to wait till TWC do all the changes and the new lineup becomes the 'digital' lineup. Pain! I would assume WMC use the lineups Zap2it displays. Is there some cache I should clear in windows7 to allow new lineups to be sought?

soccerdad

Post by soccerdad » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:48 pm

I have TWC Greensboro. No guide yesterday. I was using the Digital Rebuild. Looks like they stopped that one, so I needed to change my listing source. The only way I knew to do it was to set up my tuners again. I did that and now am just on "digital" I now have guide data again. A real pain! Not sure if there is a hack to change the guide listing source without resetting up the tuners. I was in a minor panic since scheduled recordings were about to start.

Crunch

Post by Crunch » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:21 pm

Thanks,

I had done new tuner setup but not finding the 'rebuild lineup'.
Lunchtime today 'rebuild' lineup showed. so ran through that and have channels back.

Now I see on zap2it the 'Rebuild' lineup has gone.
So in a few days I will redo whole thing to be where I was several days ago.

Well still better than TIVO and TWC box.

Post by 1454 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:19 am

Crunch wrote:Thanks,

I had done new tuner setup but not finding the 'rebuild lineup'.
Lunchtime today 'rebuild' lineup showed. so ran through that and have channels back.

Now I see on zap2it the 'Rebuild' lineup has gone.
So in a few days I will redo whole thing to be where I was several days ago.

Well still better than TIVO and TWC box.
So is "rebuild" going to disappear after a few days if I rerun the tuner setup? I don't want to run this tuner setup again because it takes me like 3-4 times before it will complete. It gets hung up for some reason. (probably due to the number of tuners I guess. ceton and HDHR3 and HDHR2) This is annoying.

Post by 1454 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:55 am

I rescanned my signals and it's fixed the guide for now. We'll see how long it lasts.

grittree

Post by grittree » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:48 pm

I see you guys are in NC. Today TWC did the changeover in Austin.

The zap2it website has the correct lineup, but running WMC 'TV listing" setup brings a lineup that is only correct for the 2 digit channels. There are only two choices for providers, and both TWC ones have the same problem.

Any suggestions?

Lugubriousameba

Post by Lugubriousameba » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:00 am

I emailed Zap2It, apprently they have both the new and old guide merged right now, so in WMC you see both the New and Old, they would not tell me when it would get fixed just that one user emailed them saying he hid the channels. Wasn't really impressed with that answer. Currently TWC austin on Zap2It still shows the 1600 channels where all the old HD ones were located. =/

agdev01

Post by agdev01 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:52 pm

Can you guys in austin temporarily try using a SA zip code? They moved the channels back in November to the new lineup. It took about a week for Zap2It to work itself out.

Post by 1454 » Tue May 06, 2014 2:24 am

grittree wrote:I see you guys are in NC. Today TWC did the changeover in Austin.

The zap2it website has the correct lineup, but running WMC 'TV listing" setup brings a lineup that is only correct for the 2 digit channels. There are only two choices for providers, and both TWC ones have the same problem.

Any suggestions?
I had to rerun the guide setup with a workaround lineup that zaptoit listed. Then they killed it like 3 weeks later and had to do it again. Just make sure any of your recordings don't have a channel specified or hd only selected. That caused me slight issues.