NFL: "another airing is currently being recorded"

jesrush

HTPC Specs: Show details

NFL: "another airing is currently being recorded"

Post by jesrush » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:45 pm

Hoping someone can lend some insight. I've got a 2 tuner (HD Homerun) setup with Windows 7 being fed by an antenna. Every Sunday there are two (different) NFL games being broadcast at 1pm... one game on FOX and another game on CBS. I have Media Center setup to record all instances of "NFL Football", however every week Media Center records only ONE of the two games. The other game says, "Another airing is currently being recorded," as if it thinks the same exact program is being broadcast on two channels.

However they are definitely two different games and the guide has different descriptions for each program. Today the CBS game is described as "Baltimore vs. Tennessee" and the FOX game is described as "Washington vs. Arizona".

Any ideas on how to "convince" Media Center to record both games??? Thanks!

-J

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:35 pm

Must be something with your listings. It worked just fine for me.

super10s

Post by super10s » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:04 am

This same major bug happens to me also. Extremely frustrating. The problem is that WMC 7 exclusively uses the TV program name only as a test for duplicate airings. It does not look in the description also, which would be an easy fix (hello MS dev?). So if you have 2 different networks/showings (like CBS & FOX) that label the program, "NFL Football" it can't tell them apart. If you even try to manually use the guide to record both games it will re-label one of them to be the same as the other, even going so far as to overwrite the program description to be a duplicate. THIS IS NUTS. The only workaround I've found is to setup individual series recordings by channel/time. Then of course you have to fix everything again when DST ends during the season. Add this to the long list of untested MS stuff that is flung on us every OS revision that you wait and wait for a fix for and it never comes. Bah.