Sound Sync Issues

Twist

HTPC Specs: Show details

Sound Sync Issues

Post by Twist » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:40 pm

Good evening all!

I have WMC running through the Xbox 360 as an extender so we use WMC in the main lounge (ethernet cable connected to my hub) However I am having problems with the HD channels and the sound not matching with what we see on TV. I have an LG home theatre system connected to the TV via SPDIF and the xbox is connected to the TV via HDMI. When we see someones mouth moving to talk it is not matching with the sound. I would say its milliseconds out rather then seconds. I have tried adjusting my home theatres settings as you can adjust the sound delay. I got close but the settings go up in 10's. I set it to a 10ms delay and it does get close to a match but I cannot set it to 5ms which is really frustrating. The voice is in sync perfect with the non HD channels. Is there anything else I can do to fix this problem as it really is a right pain! And just to mention I do not have this problem when viewing the HD channels in Sky

Thank You :-)

feerlessleadr

Post by feerlessleadr » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:01 pm

i'm having the same problem, but mostly only with sports and news shows.

very annoying

Twist

Post by Twist » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:37 pm

Its just on the HD channels for me! I just tried out the WMC onthe PC and there is no issues with it at all. Must be an Xbox thing??

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:21 pm

Try connecting the Xbox directly to the audio system instead of going through the TV.

Twist

Post by Twist » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:39 am

I believe I have now fixed this. In WMC settings go to Settings-General-TV-Audio and turn of the auto volume mode. Also do the same in Settings-General-DVD-Audio
The lag is now gone :D :D :D