Internet TV

Oldmajor

HTPC Specs: Show details

Internet TV

Post by Oldmajor » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:06 pm

Can anyone (in the US) access "Internet TV" primarily CBS shows? All I am getting is a blank screen, the "Zune" content works fine

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:22 pm

Just played Blue Bloods to test, worked fine.

Oldmajor

Post by Oldmajor » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:48 am

Well that sucks, i've tried it on 4 computers in my house and i cant get a cbs show to play on any one of them.... This is annoying

*Just realized it must be an issue with my router

SageTVMigrant

Post by SageTVMigrant » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:43 pm

On this same subject, I am migrating over from SageTV. With a Hulu plugin, I was able to watch Internet TV. I setup a muckup WMC server adn the Internet TV is restricted to me because I am in Puerto Rico. We are a U.S. Commonwealth! Anyways, are they any way to circunvent this issue? Please respond at your earliest convenience. Thanks.

Oldmajor

Post by Oldmajor » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:54 pm

You could try this

Go to Start, type regedit in the search box and press enter.
In the Registry Editor, click the [+] icon to expand the tree list on the left.
Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SOFTWARE, Microsoft, Windows, CurrentVersion, Media Center, Settings, then select ProgramGuide.
On the right portion, check for an item called strCountryCode and if it’s there, check the Data field and ensure it’s set to “US”. If it isn’t, double click on the strCountryCode item and a box should come up allowing you to type in a setting. You will want to type in the following then press OK: US

Go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click Command Prompt then choose Run as Administrator. In the Command Prompt, run the following command and press enter: start /wait %windir%\ehome\mcupdate -uf

After the above command is finished, check if you are able to get the CBS channels.

SageTVMigrant

Post by SageTVMigrant » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:39 am

Oldmajor wrote:You could try this

Go to Start, type regedit in the search box and press enter.
In the Registry Editor, click the [+] icon to expand the tree list on the left.
Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SOFTWARE, Microsoft, Windows, CurrentVersion, Media Center, Settings, then select ProgramGuide.
On the right portion, check for an item called strCountryCode and if it’s there, check the Data field and ensure it’s set to “US”. If it isn’t, double click on the strCountryCode item and a box should come up allowing you to type in a setting. You will want to type in the following then press OK: US

Go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click Command Prompt then choose Run as Administrator. In the Command Prompt, run the following command and press enter: start /wait %windir%\ehome\mcupdate -uf

After the above command is finished, check if you are able to get the CBS channels.
OldMajor: Thansk for your prompt response. So it seems that there is light at the end of the tunnel! Will try this and post results. Once again thank you very much for your support and guidance.