Microsoft not supporting Netflix in Windows Media Center!?

woodchuck

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by woodchuck » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:26 pm

cottonhills wrote:Netflix working on my wmc but at end of video WMC freezes - cannot even back out. The frame is frozen on the screen and WMC is unresponsive. I have to use task manager to kill WMC. Happens every single time. This just started for me this week, after a major windows7 update. Netflix still plays beautifully on chrome - if only I could use my remote.
Same here. If I stop playback before the video ends, I can get back to the 10' interface without a problem. If the video makes it to the end, I usually get the exact same thing you describe. A few times it exited ok, but usually it freezes and I need to kill ehshell.
cottonhills wrote:My htpc worked beautifully until I turned windows updates on a few months ago. Big mistake. With every update the pc gets slower. Slower to boot, slower to wake from sleep, much slower to start wmc and much slower to display channel listings in wmc.
The cynic in me thinks that is Microsoft making Windows 8 appear that much faster. Slow Win 7 = more Win 8 sales!

JorisE

Post by JorisE » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:51 pm

The problems you encountered were the result of a bug that was fixed over the weekend. Our apologies for this. We hope you enjoy your Netflix over the holidays.
Joris, Netflix PR

makryger

Post by makryger » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:17 pm

Thanks, Joris. We really do appreciate the quick turnaround time for the fix.

Out of curiosity, I have another question for you: I've noticed a few times now where neither Microsoft nor Neflix seem to want to take responsibility for issues with the Media Center add-in. Some representatives say it has been unsupported for months now, and that if it still works, it was just a fluke. How should we respond to these claims in the future?
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

STC

Post by STC » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:46 pm

*and with that, in a puff of smoke, he was gone....*
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:31 pm

JorisE wrote:The problems you encountered were the result of a bug that was fixed over the weekend. Our apologies for this. We hope you enjoy your Netflix over the holidays.
Joris, Netflix PR
So the Netflix app in MC doesn't just fix itself when it gets borked?

EmirOfGroofunkistan

Post by EmirOfGroofunkistan » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:11 am

guess so...