Extras Strip missing

Crewski

HTPC Specs: Show details

Extras Strip missing

Post by Crewski » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:08 pm

I have an odd issue going on that I can't figure out. For whatever reason....the enitre "Extras" strip is missing from my media center. The super confusing part (for me anyway) is that it shows up on both of my extenders. I haven't used MCS or anything like that, it just disappeared but only on my computer and not on the extenders. I tried to do the "download now" update from within media center...as well as an elevated CMD prompt. Both did not resolve my issue. Any suggestions on what could cause it to not be there and how to fix it? Thanks.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:38 am

Have you tried opening an elevated cmd prompt and typing sfc /scannow
That should repair things.. If not post back. I may have another idea if this fails.
newfiend

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:28 pm

You could try this as well to see if you can re-enable the strip..
http://mikinho.com/wmc/start-menu-plus/

newfiend~

Crewski

Post by Crewski » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:31 pm

I tried the sfc /scannow and it said it did not find any Integrity Violations. Opened up media center and the extra strip is still missing. I'll give start-menu-plus a go and see what happens.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:38 pm

Crewski wrote:I tried the sfc /scannow and it said it did not find any Integrity Violations. Opened up media center and the extra strip is still missing. I'll give start-menu-plus a go and see what happens.
Might Try disabling the strp then re-enabling it.. hopefully it pops back up for you.
:D

Crewski

Post by Crewski » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:51 pm

I downloaded Start Menu Plus x64 and it says it installed correctly. However I can't find the app. Its not in the start menu. When I go to program files > Mikinho > StartMenu on only see a fixregistrationXml.exe and StartMenu.xml. I feel like I'm missing something obvious......

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:28 pm

Crewski wrote:I downloaded Start Menu Plus x64 and it says it installed correctly. However I can't find the app. Its not in the start menu. When I go to program files > Mikinho > StartMenu on only see a fixregistrationXml.exe and StartMenu.xml. I feel like I'm missing something obvious......
I think you need to download "Hide Menu Strips" and install that and run it. I think you may have downloaded the wrong thing.. Hide Menu Strips is right below the Start Menu Plus you downloaded and installed... ;)
HTH,
newfiend~

Crewski

Post by Crewski » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:45 pm

That did the trick. For whatever reason "Extra" was unchecked for my HTPC user, but was checked for both extender users. Thanks for the help!!!!

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:10 pm

Crewski wrote:That did the trick. For whatever reason "Extra" was unchecked for my HTPC user, but was checked for both extender users. Thanks for the help!!!!
No problem.. Anytime :D