Larger Movie Poster ?

Rickt1962

HTPC Specs: Show details

Larger Movie Poster ?

Post by Rickt1962 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:35 am

Ok I know Win7 MCE is dead but I only had trouble with the channel guide not updating one time. When I record TCM channel the movie poster is so small its hard to read sometimes who the actors are. Is there a cheat to make it larger ?
HTPC W7 pro with HDhomerun with 6 tuners using Comcast scanned by MCEbuddy uploaded to network to be watched by KODI

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:44 pm

Are you using Microsoft's guide or epg 123? Do you mean the poster size is small or the text in the synopsis is small

Rickt1962

Post by Rickt1962 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:05 pm

jachin99 wrote:Are you using Microsoft's guide or epg 123? Do you mean the poster size is small or the text in the synopsis is small
Using Microsoft channel guide. The poster size is small and hard to read the actors names on it.
HTPC W7 pro with HDhomerun with 6 tuners using Comcast scanned by MCEbuddy uploaded to network to be watched by KODI

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:19 pm

That can only be fixed with better guide data I believe. For 25.00 a year you can download guide data from schedules direct. With a program called epg123 you can import that guide into wmc. Epg123 forums are here http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewforum.php?f=99

Rickt1962

Post by Rickt1962 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:19 pm

jachin99 wrote:That can only be fixed with better guide data I believe. For 25.00 a year you can download guide data from schedules direct. With a program called epg123 you can import that guide into WMC. Epg123 forums are here http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewforum.php?f=99
Guess I will have to put up with it :( I was only down once with MCE Guide and it was fixed without me doing anything and its FREE. Seen to many patches with the other. Im not in the habit of babysitting something that goes down.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:26 am

Rickt1962 wrote:Guess I will have to put up with it :( I was only down once with MCE Guide and it was fixed without me doing anything and its FREE. Seen to many patches with the other. Im not in the habit of babysitting something that goes down.
Patches? We don't need no stinkin' patches. (movie reference)

Saying you don't want to pay for the SD guide data is one thing, but to mis-characterize EPG123 is another. There is nothing to babysit, because nothing goes down. The majority of software release is to add capabilities in the program, and sometimes those new capabilities don't work right and need another release to fix it, but the guide data has always been rock solid. There are still folks out there using version 1.0.2 which was released almost 2 years ago without issue.

For your movie coverart, Rovi uses really low quality images but it is possible to make them larger. You don't have to use epg123 for the guide data, but you can still install it and just use the epg123 client software to Tweak WMC. The guide modifications will give you all kinds of flexibility in the rows/columns/font sizes and will also make the series and movie images at the bottom of the guide larger. If you don't like it you can just click the default button and it will return it to WMC default.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io