New Windows 7 install and WMC problems

mrdizle

HTPC Specs: Show details

New Windows 7 install and WMC problems

Post by mrdizle » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:54 am

WMC and my ceton echos had been working fine for 4 years. Last month I did a batch windows update and it killed my ability to use the Echos. After struggling for 2 weeks, I gave up and reinstalled Win 7.

I installed the Silicondust package. It allows me to see my HDHomerun using the viewer. I made NO changes to the HDHomerun Prime on the network.

I tried the Digital Cable Advisor and it kept on saying that it was not available. I downloaded the DCA package from here and it worked and my computer passed the test.

I went to set up the TV Signal and it does not find the HDHomerun Tuners! Tried multiple reboots but same problem.

I feel like Microsoft is doing everything to limit the usage of WMC.

Any tips on how I can setup the TV signal?

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:40 am

Have you installed playready?

mrdizle

Post by mrdizle » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:48 am

jachin99 wrote:Have you installed playready?
Good point. No I have not, at least not manually.
How do I install it manually?

mrdizle

Post by mrdizle » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:54 am

jachin99 wrote:Have you installed playready?
Ok found a link for playready 1.3. Installed it and rebooted. Still get the same error saying TV signal cannot be setup bc tuner could not be found! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:55 pm

Are you running g it in full screen and do you have network discovery enabled?

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:26 pm

Run HD Homerun setup app, does it detect your tuners? If there is an error it will pop up a dialog box that points to the forum for troubleshooting steps. This worked for me:
Windows Media Center reports No tuners found when trying to complete TV setup - HDHomeRun PRIME Back to top

1.Open HDHomeRun Setup and verify that the tuners are found and that no UPnP error is received.
2.Open Control Panel, select View network status and tasks, and make sure the network is listed as Home/Private network.
3.Click on Change advanced sharing settings.
4.Verify that Turn on network discovery is selected, and click Save Changes if needed.
5.Open Computer Management (right click on Computer, choose Manage) and click on Services in the left column.
6.Verify that the SSDP Discovery Service is not Disabled, and is Started.
7.Verify that the HDHomeRun Service is not Disabled, and is Started.
8.Verify that the Windows Media Center Receiver Service is not Disabled, and is Started.
9.Close the Services Management window.
10.Open Command Prompt as Administrator (Start > All Programs > Accessories > right click on Command Prompt > Run as Administrator).
11.Run: c:\windows\ehome\ehprivjob.exe /OCURDiscovery

12.The command must be typed exactly as shown. Anything that is already present in the command prompt window should be ignored. Just type in the above command. This should list the HDHomeRun PRIME tuners.
13.Reopen Windows Media Center and access the TV setup wizard again.

mrdizle

Post by mrdizle » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:28 am

Thank you. Will try these suggestions

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:53 am

What firmware number are you on?
Attachments
Screenshot_20180613-035129.jpg

mrdizle

Post by mrdizle » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:59 pm

cwinfield wrote:Run HD Homerun setup app, does it detect your tuners? If there is an error it will pop up a dialog box that points to the forum for troubleshooting steps. This worked for me:
Windows Media Center reports No tuners found when trying to complete TV setup - HDHomeRun PRIME Back to top

1.Open HDHomeRun Setup and verify that the tuners are found and that no UPnP error is received.
2.Open Control Panel, select View network status and tasks, and make sure the network is listed as Home/Private network.
3.Click on Change advanced sharing settings.
4.Verify that Turn on network discovery is selected, and click Save Changes if needed.
5.Open Computer Management (right click on Computer, choose Manage) and click on Services in the left column.
6.Verify that the SSDP Discovery Service is not Disabled, and is Started.
7.Verify that the HDHomeRun Service is not Disabled, and is Started.
8.Verify that the Windows Media Center Receiver Service is not Disabled, and is Started.
9.Close the Services Management window.
10.Open Command Prompt as Administrator (Start > All Programs > Accessories > right click on Command Prompt > Run as Administrator).
11.Run: c:\windows\ehome\ehprivjob.exe /OCURDiscovery

12.The command must be typed exactly as shown. Anything that is already present in the command prompt window should be ignored. Just type in the above command. This should list the HDHomeRun PRIME tuners.
13.Reopen Windows Media Center and access the TV setup wizard again.

THANKS! Finally got around to trying your suggestions.
Suggestion #2 -- Home Network -- fixed the problem!
Thanks again.