I found the Internet TV installer

jachin99

HTPC Specs: Show details

I found the Internet TV installer

Post by jachin99 » Wed May 30, 2018 12:36 am

I'll probably add more to this later but I have found an installer for internet TV buried in the installer for the WMC netflix installer. Here is a link to the files. The netflix setup file looks to be designed to install netflix & Internet tv. Nested inside the folder are the contents of the unpacked installer. There are files there for "Diamond" & "Fiji". I think diamond was the code name for VMC, and Fiji was the name for the VMC TV pack. Here is the link. https://drive.google.com/open?id=16eLi2 ... j2vGw54FRN

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Thu May 31, 2018 5:21 pm

jachin99 wrote:I'll probably add more to this later but I have found an installer for internet TV buried in the installer for the WMC netflix installer. Here is a link to the files. The netflix setup file looks to be designed to install netflix & Internet tv. Nested inside the folder are the contents of the unpacked installer. There are files there for "Diamond" & "Fiji". I think diamond was the code name for VMC, and Fiji was the name for the VMC TV pack. Here is the link. https://drive.google.com/open?id=16eLi2 ... j2vGw54FRN
Something to keep in mind. A internet streaming service/feature is only as good as the content that is being provided for it.

I was involved in the beta tests on Vista and Windows 7 for WMC and a big focus for some of the tests were on the Internet TV feature. It was never any good. Any full shows were so old that no one really cared about them and anything modern was just previews. I was one who really was looking for this feature and it turned out to be a license nightmare for Microsoft (any newer content needed rights to view, and it made for a headache).

Play with it, see if you can get anything useful out of it... If you look in edit channels in WMC (7 or 8.1), and you look at channel 9000 all the channels are still listed in there, they just never show in the guide.

And WMC Netflix, even the newest version stopped working a while ago...

Not to be the bearer of bad news but, wondering what you do get out of it... if anything at all.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

joecrow

Post by joecrow » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:07 am

DavidinCT wrote:Something to keep in mind. A internet streaming service/feature is only as good as the content that is being provided for it.
Yes indeed, not sure how it works in the USA but in Europe many broadcasters offer a full set of Live (same as FTA) and catchup non-DRM content which can be viewed on a internet connected smart TV or PC (geo-blocking aside). BBC (UK) and ZDF (Germany) are just 2 examples, both have a huge amount of top quality content available to stream and there are many others. There is a wealth of content out there the problem is playing it. ;) The plugin "TunerFree MCE used to work for UK broadcasters and others round the world but no idea if it is still working/supported.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:38 am

And if you ever need the TV pack for vista... I still have a copy of it, x86 and x64...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Jacoats

Post by Jacoats » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:33 pm

Sounds like there is a chance to get some form of IPTV back in WMCE. anyone come up with anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:25 pm

Jacoats wrote:Sounds like there is a chance to get some form of IPTV back in WMCE. anyone come up with anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't get your hopes up.... Microsoft would need to be actively updating it so it would show new content... They disabled it years ago..

If your looking for streaming video... ones that do work and I use...

I believe there is a newer Netflix one, Amazon prime and youtube. There are some tricks to get them to work but, dropping on WMC and controlling with a remote they do work. I personally use the Amazon and youtube one all the time.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

brixx99

Post by brixx99 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:19 pm

Not sure if this is the place for this, but I was also looking for "internet tv" access to WMC. I use WMC with Win 7 and am connected to my local cable provider. I also use MceBuddy to edit and sort my tv shows. I am looking to cut the cord on my cable though as it is costing me $180 a month. I have been looking at YouTube TV as an alternative because they provide all the local channels that I record. The problem is I cannot download the shows to my PC, therefore I cannot have the commercials edited out.

My thought was that if I could use internet tv as an access to youtube tv, I might be able to capture the shows and have MceBuddy edit. I hate to start watching commercials again after all these years with MceBuddy, but at a savings of well over $100 a month it might have to do... So my question is, if internet tv is really gone, does anyone else have any ideas of how to download local/major network shows to WMC so I can modify and store them? Youtube tv seems like the answer for network shows in the future at a reasonable price, but I hate watching commercials. If this is posted in the wrong place, please direct me to the correct forum area. Thanks

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:56 pm

The closest thing I can think of is tubecore. Tubecore is a plugin for wmc that let's you browse a local playon server. This will get you quite a bit of content. If you don't know what playon is then do a web search about it but it essentially consolidates things like Netflix, Vudu, and quite a few others into one program. Navigating around tubecore isn't the best experience but it works.

brixx99

Post by brixx99 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:52 pm

Thanks jachin99. I'll check it out.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:11 pm

I posted a video demo of everything I have working a while back here, and tubecore with playon is included. Here is a link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC2EshGCNbE I'm having trouble restoring the Netflix tile from that demo right now but I believe I posted instructions in the video's comments. There is also an amazon plugin on this site https://sharepointadept.com/amazonmceaddin/ You can also link your iTunes, google play movies, and vudu accounts among others to your amazon account, and probably consolidate 90 percent of your movies to the Amazon plugin. I have a little more to add but I haven't taken the time to write everything up just yet. Playon advertises that it can record all of your content but I haven't been successful at that, and there are some known issues with recording services like Vudu. You can still use tubecore to view them though.