Harmony Hub not tuning Favorites

AJNegron

HTPC Specs: Show details

Harmony Hub not tuning Favorites

Post by AJNegron » Tue May 29, 2018 8:56 pm

Running WMC7 with only OTA and a Harmony Smart Control Hub and Remote. Everything has been working fine, but recently I bought a smart home companion. During integration to enable voice control, I needed to setup Favorites in Harmony. That process was clear enough, and mostly working except for one important part. I can't get Harmony to send the "." command when I select a Favorite. It works fine when I manually enter a channel ("11.1"), but if I select XYZ through the Favorites, Harmony will only send the digits ("111") (or WMC only receives the digits, don't know where the breakdown is).

If anyone has a Harmony remote working with a WMC7 (or any system) that requires entering a dot or dash to select and change channels, any help would be appreciated.
I have posted on the Logitech support/community website to no avail.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:31 pm

I use a Harmony Elite with a Harmony Hub and a Harmony Hub extender.

When setting up the remote, I chose my local OTA listings for Favorites and it tunes just fine for the channels with with the decimal point in the number, which is basically all of them. I have some channels that did not show up as an option for me using the OTA line-up that I need to manually add when I get the time. Were these manually added or downloaded from the Harmony DataBase? If manually added maybe this is a pending issue for me too.

Sorry I can't help too much but just wanted to contribute a little bit more info to the discussion here.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:23 pm

What device do you have your harmony setup to control? There are actually a few different versions of media center PC. The most correct one I think is media center SE. So under devices there will be something like computer, for manufacturer Microsoft and under model media center SE. I'll have to look up the specifics if your still looking for help

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:34 pm

jachin99 wrote:What device do you have your harmony setup to control? There are actually a few different versions of media center PC. The most correct one I think is media center SE. So under devices there will be something like computer, for manufacturer Microsoft and under model media center SE. I'll have to look up the specifics if your still looking for help
I guess I skipped over the basics here as this is just something I've known for a very long time. Thanks for bringing it up as it may very well be the problem.

AJNegron, take a scroll through here.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:29 am

This is a shameless EventGhost plug but you could also try that in conjunction with your Harmony. Its actually much EASIER to setup because your not forced through the harmony wizard. I am experimenting with using them together but I have yet to put in the time to setup an activity with only a WMC machine. Eventually this is what I would like to have

AJNegron

Post by AJNegron » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:50 pm

Just seeing the responses. I will troubleshoot this weekend and report back.

Thanks all

AJNegron

Post by AJNegron » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:13 am

jachin99 wrote:The most correct one I think is media center SE.
This was the cause. I added a new device with this model number and re-assigned the appropriate Activity.

Thank you!

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:43 pm

Glad I could help!!