TA Weird - Looking for experiential advice

SciFiGeek

HTPC Specs: Show details

TA Weird - Looking for experiential advice

Post by SciFiGeek » Thu May 24, 2018 1:57 pm

SDV was new to my market recently and everything is working once booted - usually but the real hassle is booting.

I have a Ceton PCIE 6. They recommend the USB Win 7 hotfix. I get some sort of error if I try to load it and my USB drivers are much later than the ones specified in the hotfix article. I am running the latest drivers for my MB with is an ASUS Z97 Deluxe. I think applying the MB drivers may have been a mistake killing the hotfix.

When I do boot if my TA is powered, the majority of the time the system will hang and I have to cold boot my system. This happens past the windows splash screen. If I keep it powered off, it eventually does boot... it feels like upto a couple extra minutes of slow hanging. Rebooting is also extra slow with possible hanging. All this of course new with the TA. My hunch is it has to figure out it is not there or the Ceton TA service is cranky looking for it.

Since troubleshooting is such a hassle with my slow bootup process, I am hoping to benefit from someone's experience. My thoughts are below but I am open to alternatives.

Do I need to remove my USB drivers and apply the hotfix? - I will have to dig into storage for PS2 KB and pointer since everything is USB.

I read a suggestion to add a USB controller to a system. Did anybody do that with success and if so which controller?

Is this actually an issue with the TA and I should ask for a new one?

jaimeknapp

Post by jaimeknapp » Thu May 24, 2018 6:10 pm

TAs are known to have issues with USB 3 ports. Have you tried connecting your TA to a USB 2 port?

SciFiGeek

Post by SciFiGeek » Fri May 25, 2018 10:16 pm

Yes but I never got it to work and eventually gave up. Additionally from what I can tell all fixes related to using USB 2 are Cisco TA's. I have an ARRIS TA. It feels like it is that potentially removed hotfix, kb 2742516 and of course I can't seem to find that particular install at the moment to dig up the error.

jaimeknapp

Post by jaimeknapp » Tue May 29, 2018 8:41 pm

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Wed May 30, 2018 11:59 am

Get an HDHR Prime and be done with it. They go for under $70 on eBay. I just sold two.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk