Live TV pause not working

AllIn7MC

HTPC Specs: Show details

Live TV pause not working

Post by AllIn7MC » Tue May 08, 2018 9:07 pm

Hi,

I recently went through some issues after epg123 install including the play ready not installed error, and my pause live TV no longer works. (I also get some various and occasional "missing video file to play" and some recording errors.) Does anyone have any advice on fixing the pause live TV? Or should I blow it up and reinstall the the OS?

Thanks.

edit:

I nuked my OS and reinstalled and I can pause live TV again. I've not run any windows updates yet...and not sure I want to ;)

DaveInPa

Post by DaveInPa » Wed May 09, 2018 8:29 pm

For future problems with this...

I've found that when my remote doesn't respond to certain commands (or any commands), changing batteries or rebooting the computer has always resolved the problem.

AllIn7MC

Post by AllIn7MC » Wed May 09, 2018 9:14 pm

Thanks. But I was not using a remote and had rebooted a few times. (rewind and skip did not work either on live TV...windowed or full screen...yet they worked on recorded content). I will chalk it up to a corrupted installation.

Even with the new installation I had to use the Digital Cable Advisor bypass script. I also updated my graphics drivers and it looks great. I've not even noticed any of that flashing on HBO at the end of the movie when the text is on the screen that I previously had to put up with (fingers crossed), and I've imaged my hard drive after the re-install to head off future issues.