Extras Library Gone!

Sammy2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Sammy2 » Mon May 07, 2018 11:30 am

I just wanted to report I've been following along but haven't yet had the time to digest and implement these registry edits.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Mon May 07, 2018 1:19 pm

[quote="Crash2009"]Very nice Jachin.quote]

Thanks!!

Sammy, there's no hurry. I need be, I can break it down in a different way, OR I could give you one thing to register as a kind of test run so you can try it out.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:11 pm

All this may be moot as I'm probably going to leave the WMC legend behind..

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Tue May 08, 2018 6:02 pm

No big deal. Its here for anyone that wants it. If your going to leave the forums, do you think you could share any plugins, addons or anything else you might have for WMC?

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Tue May 08, 2018 6:28 pm

jachin99 wrote:No big deal. Its here for anyone that wants it. If your going to leave the forums, do you think you could share any plugins, addons or anything else you might have for WMC?
Why would I leave the forums? I've spent the last 7 years messing with WMC and intend to use epg123 in Emby going forward once that is all hammered out..

What plugins and addons? Most of what I have I got from here in the first place

MyChannelLogosXL and GuideTool have been basically superseded by epg123ClientGUI. RecordedTVHD is basically free now. These are the only ones I have.. well I do have Emby for WMC which is still on their site and TotalMedia5 but I don't use those anymore.

I may still find the time to work through your registry edits but need to figure out why WMC is having a hard time with my OTA when Emby and Plex cruise right through it?

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Tue May 08, 2018 6:30 pm

I'm wondering how you got InternetTV back? Is that an IPTV service or??

Do you use the netflix plugin too? Playon.. I didn't know they had a WMC plugin.. I have it in Emby but it looks like a fork of the mobile app and doesn't look good in a 10 foot interface.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/dow ... &mode=view

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:03 pm

That strip is a little misleading. The tile labeled internet TV is actually Macrotube, and I just changed the name. Macrotube plays video files from different sites (Like podcasts), and if you know how to build the files, you can add new sites. The only working site I have right now for Macrotube is TWIT TV. I use the original Netflix plugin made by microsoft. The pause and play remote buttons don't work but I have a gyration MCE remote so I can just use the mouse. Playon broadcasts everything over the network via DLNA, and TubeCore is basically a DLNA player that was built specifically for things like playon. I tried the emby playon plugin, and it didn't work very well. I liked tubecore a lot more. I can share a copy if you would like. There is no way to activate it for Paid features since development stopped but the free version works fine for me. WMC actually has more streaming content than emby. I think the only thing that beats it is Kodi, and maybe plex in some aspects. I also use a Pandora plugin. There are a lot of plugins that still work but have been forgotten about. I think most of these I started threads for in the 3rd party apps section. I'll share them if you want.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Tue May 08, 2018 8:15 pm

I'd like to take a look at those, yes and thank you!

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Wed May 09, 2018 6:10 pm

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ucOFz ... cXRSbJLfSy

Sammy, these are just a few of them but macrotube, and tubecore are both in there. I also added simpleradio, which plays internet radio feeds (these need updated). I'll probably ad more over time, and I tried to include clear descriptions for each in that folder. The description is a google doc so if you download it, and cant read it let me know.