Flashes on live TV playback

bassen

HTPC Specs: Show details

Flashes on live TV playback

Post by bassen » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:03 am

I have started getting freezing and "can only play on original pc" messages in live play back, especially on movies.

Can any one help before I try a reload?

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:14 pm

You could have an HDMI/HDCP handshake issue. Try a different HDMI cable or a different HDMI input on your display.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

bassen

Post by bassen » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:30 pm

It started a short time back with the screen flashing "copying prohibited"
I have a Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETH.
I have two other PC running win7 pro, they are working ok but now have started flashing same thing during live play back.
Has any seen this or know of a fix?
also about same time started getting "Weak TV signal "
Last edited by bassen on Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bassen

Post by bassen » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:32 pm

Scallica wrote:You could have an HDMI/HDCP handshake issue. Try a different HDMI cable or a different HDMI input on your display.
I have moved the PC to a new location (bench) and tried to do some investigating on it with a new tv and HDMI cable connected.
Still having same issue.
How are are you still running WMC? What Turner/cable card system are you using?

bassen

Post by bassen » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:44 pm

After trying many things with no luck, I took another PC that I have took a drive and did a fresh load on it.
OS loaded good (no updates yet) load drivesfor everything and for video tuner (Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETHt) etc.. all loaded fine.
started WMC and it went through everything fine. tune into one channel standard broadcast station but on cable played short time then said need update playready.
Here is the PROBLEM is it will not Update PLAYREADY
I have tried uninstalling it through control panel etc.. and tried different means that I found on different threads.
I now have two different systems having same problem, "will not update READYPLAY"
I hope I can find an answer for this from here.
Thanks for any input to problem

mldenison

Post by mldenison » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:40 pm

Thia always worked for me:

Code: Select all

1) Get to the point in media center that it says Playready failed to update, do you wish to try again?

OPTIONAL - Download the Reset DRM Tool from Microsoft, Change Compatibility Mode to Windows 7 (or lesser version of Windows), Run the Tool As Admin. It should Install and say Successful.

2) Open up Windows "Services" via Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.

3) With Media Center Open and Showing "The PlayReady update was incomplete. Do you want to try again?", go to the Services panel you just opened and scroll all the way down to "Windows Media Center Receiver Services" (ehRecvr), double click on it, then click "Stop"

4) Navigate to the ReadyPlay HIDDEN folder (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady) and then rename the mspr.hds file to mspr.old

5) Go back to the STILL OPEN & RUNNING, Media Center and click "Yes" and "Next" to the Update PlayReady question. It should immediately zip past and say update complete.

6) Restart Windows Media Center

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:24 pm

mldenison wrote:Thia always worked for me:

Code: Select all

1) Get to the point in media center that it says Playready failed to update, do you wish to try again?

OPTIONAL - Download the Reset DRM Tool from Microsoft, Change Compatibility Mode to Windows 7 (or lesser version of Windows), Run the Tool As Admin. It should Install and say Successful.

2) Open up Windows "Services" via Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.

3) With Media Center Open and Showing "The PlayReady update was incomplete. Do you want to try again?", go to the Services panel you just opened and scroll all the way down to "Windows Media Center Receiver Services" (ehRecvr), double click on it, then click "Stop"

4) Navigate to the ReadyPlay HIDDEN folder (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady) and then rename the mspr.hds file to mspr.old

5) Go back to the STILL OPEN & RUNNING, Media Center and click "Yes" and "Next" to the Update PlayReady question. It should immediately zip past and say update complete.

6) Restart Windows Media Center
This should work but, FYI, if you have any "protected" recordings, this would be like formatting your drive and starting over and trying to play a "protected DRM'd show. They will not play any more once you reset DRM.

Be warned..
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat May 05, 2018 8:47 am

bassen wrote:After trying many things with no luck, I took another PC that I have took a drive and did a fresh load on it.
OS loaded good (no updates yet) load drivesfor everything and for video tuner (Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETHt) etc.. all loaded fine.
started WMC and it went through everything fine. tune into one channel standard broadcast station but on cable played short time then said need update playready.
Here is the PROBLEM is it will not Update PLAYREADY
I have tried uninstalling it through control panel etc.. and tried different means that I found on different threads.
I now have two different systems having same problem, "will not update READYPLAY"
I hope I can find an answer for this from here.
Thanks for any input to problem
Did you install DCA into windows and then run it from extras inside wnc?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat May 05, 2018 9:10 am

bassen wrote:It started a short time back with the screen flashing "copying prohibited"
I have a Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETH.
I have two other PC running win7 pro, they are working ok but now have started flashing same thing during live play back.
Has any seen this or know of a fix?
also about same time started getting "Weak TV signal "
Well if they're all flashing during playback maybe the problem is with the switch or the router or whatever you have them plugged into.

Weak signal can be a network problem also

Ideally they should all be plugged into the same switch including the e t h 6. A lot of times what happens in residential, we run out of places to plug things into,

Maybe your network just needs a cold boot.

So what do you have for switch, router, Wi-Fi, and who's plugged into what ETH 6, PC 1, PC 2, PC 3

Here is some good reading on the ETH6

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 926#p73926