MMC or YAMMM not creating config file

jachin99

HTPC Specs: Show details

MMC or YAMMM not creating config file

Post by jachin99 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:09 pm

I have one working installation of YAMMM, and two that don't. In both of my problem installations, I am using YAMMM that is bundled with MMC, and I have noticed that the YAMMM config file is not created in the program's program data folder. I have tried updating just YAMMM using a newer installer but windows tells me its already installed. Is there any known cause or fix for this? Thanks

jachin99

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by jachin99 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:13 pm

I think I have YAMMM figured out either way you slice it. With a standalone installation, YAMMM creates a yammm_config.json file in its own programdata folder. When YAMMM is installed with MMC, this same data is housed in a different file located at programdata\ceton\CData. The actual file is called cdata.config. In both scenarios, what fixed not having movie descriptions but still seeing movie covers was to add this change at the very end of the config or .json file depending on which flavor of yammm you go with

,”ehome_metadata_cache_folders”:[],”ehome_metadata_for_users”:null

If your out there, and your YAMMM is broke under any circumstances, you can try to add this change. Please let me know if it works or not. I found this information on the following link: https://www.missingremote.com/forums/to ... 6/page/16/

And if I get confirmation that my repair works, then I'll call yammm FIXED!!! on WIndows 7 x86 & x64, and Windows 8 x64. I haven't tried on Win 8 x86 or 10.