New Router now WMC doesn't have tuners

grantndub

HTPC Specs: Show details

New Router now WMC doesn't have tuners

Post by grantndub » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:40 pm

I recently replaced my router, I was using an old D-Link with DD-WRT on it. Now I have a google Wi-Fi setup and connected to the main AP's is a switch the my Prime connects to. Removing the old router and adding the new equipment is all that was done.

Now WMC says I don't have tuners. The HDhomerun software picks up the channels and plays them without any issue. I'm going to putting in a different switch in tomorrow morning but I'm unsure if that will resolve my issue. I'll be replacing the switch with a different one because it's kind of a crappy one, a startech, I have a new TP-Link that I didn't have access to when I installed the new hardware.

This has been working for years without any issue and now that I update some equipment I run into issues. If the HDhomerun software sees the tuners, so should WMC correct?

Anyone have any suggestions? I'll probably be resetting WMC tonight to see if that resolves the issue.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:49 pm

When I have that problem it usually helps to start hd homerun and tune a channel, then start wmc and tune a channel. I'm sorry I can't help more.

Space

Post by Space » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:18 am

I don't know much about this, but one thing it could be is that you set up the new network (which I believe Win7 sees it as being when you use a new router) as "Public" instead of "Home". When you do that it block some stuff on the local LAN. So check and make sure that it is set to "Home".

http://www.dummies.com/computers/operat ... windows-7/

grantndub

Post by grantndub » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:56 am

Space wrote:I don't know much about this, but one thing it could be is that you set up the new network (which I believe Win7 sees it as being when you use a new router) as "Public" instead of "Home".
Big Thank you to Space. This was it, I'm all good now.