New show flag

Jutmec

HTPC Specs: Show details

New show flag

Post by Jutmec » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:01 am

Not sure if I am posting in the right place, please let me know if this should be some place else.
The reason I am trying a new guide is the NEW flag for new shows went away in WMC so I thought I would try EPG123 but the new flag still does not show up. The guide does show repeat.
So for recording purposes how does WMC know to record new shows? I am using windows 7 home pro, with EPG123 and WMC.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Space

Post by Space » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:21 am

The "NEW" flag was never used and never appeared in WMC.

Instead, you will see a "(Repeat)" indicator for any show that is NOT new.

If you are not seeing the "(Repeat)" indicator, then there is something wrong. Note that this indicator only shows up when you look at a screen that shows the title of the episode. There was never any indicator on the guide itself (unlike the "HD" indicator, for instance). You need to have the timeslot highlighted and look at the details of the episode on the bottom to see the "(Repeat)" indicator.

Note that the "(Repeat)" indicator is attached to an airing of a show only if the "Original Air Date" (OAD) associated with the episode is more than 7 days away from the date of the airing and has nothing to do with the "NEW" indicator that you might see on tvguide.com or zap2it.com.

So the key to having airings marked correctly as "(Repeat)" is to have a correct OAD from the guide data provider. In general, EPG123 with data from Schedules Direct has more accurate OADs than the default data provider used by Microsoft (TiVo).

Note that if you use EPG123, there is a user selectable option that allows you to force the OAD of an episode to be the same as the first day that the episode shows up in the guide with the "NEW" indicator. So in this case, the "NEW" indicator that you see in the zap2it guide does have significance.

Jutmec

Post by Jutmec » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:55 pm

Thanks Space I guess I was thinking of Titan TV listings