EPG123 lineup won't import into WMC

leprekhan

HTPC Specs: Show details

EPG123 lineup won't import into WMC

Post by leprekhan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:37 pm

Apologies if this has been talked about multiple times. I tried to Search for it and got no help. I've had WMC for years and have used EPG123 successfully before when WMC wouldn't download my TV listings. I got away from it a few months ago when I had to run WMC setup again. Long story short, WMC won't download TV listings agin and I've tried importing EPG123 lineup to no avail. I go through all the steps, even rebuilding WMC database. All tasks run successfully. After cleaning up the lineup, I hit Save & Execute and everything runs fine. But when I open WMC, no lineup(channel data on any channel). I've done this at least 5 times. WTF am I missing?

And yes, I did not agree to the terms of service for the WMC channel lineup during setup.

Any help would be great. Thanks much.

DaveInPa

Post by DaveInPa » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:09 pm

Did you check "automatch"?

leprekhan

Post by leprekhan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:27 pm

That box is unchecked and grayed out. THe entire Scheduled Task section is grayed out. I clicked on the Delete button but it just came back again grayed out.

StinkyImp

Post by StinkyImp » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:51 pm

garyan2 responded to this issue in this thread. Maybe this will work for you?

viewtopic.php?f=99&t=11356

leprekhan

Post by leprekhan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:13 pm

Looks like the Auto match check box was the problem. I was using v1.10. Did a complete uninstall and downloaded v1.17 but the setup file wouldn't run correctly. Went back and downloaded v1.15 and ran that successfully. Deleted the scheduled task and then the automatch check box allowed me to check it. Opened WMC, and everything was there. Thanks much for the help. Just hope they fix the 1.17 download.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:37 am

I know this is a few days old, but what was not working with the 1.1.17 download? I haven't heard of any problems with it.

BTW: When dealing with the tasks, the GUI needs to be run with elevated privileges. So clicking a shielded button will restart the program elevated, but it will not "remember" what button you pushed to begin with so you will have to click it again. So clicking the shielded [Delete] button will restart the program elevated, but the task fields will still be locked because the task has not been deleted yet. Clicking the [Delete] button again was all that was needed.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

leprekhan

Post by leprekhan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:12 pm

Okay. I'll look into that. I'll also see if I can replicate the error I was getting with the 1.17 install. Thank much.