Lost Recorded TV screens

sgbroimp

HTPC Specs: Show details

Lost Recorded TV screens

Post by sgbroimp » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:52 pm

Since November 13, all of my recordings are showing up with no images in the "mini screen" icons. I see only a light blue field on each. Old recordings still showing the image. (Recordings themselves are ok.) Did I inadvertently do something back on the 13th on did someone forget to pay Gracenote or simlar?

StinkyImp

Post by StinkyImp » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:52 pm

I just pulled mine up and it did the same thing, light blue field. Within a few seconds they all populated with an image.

I'm not sure but I always thought that WMC went a little way into the actual recording and pulled a frame for the tile. I know in mine that sometimes the "image" will be the frame of a commercial that's at the beginning of the file.

Someone with more knowledge may pipe in with a more accurate response.

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:09 pm

I bet you have a file that is corrupt and is preventing them from displaying. The way to check is to move suspected files out of your recorded tv directory.

Space

Post by Space » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:10 pm

Yes, a likely possibility is that a "corrupted" recording is preventing the thumbnail create process from continuing beyond that recording. You can delete this recording or move it to a different folder to allow the process to continue on to the rest of the recordings.

Note that the "corrupted" recording may still be playable but it will most likely be one of the recordings that is missing a thumbnail (and it MAY be the first one, chronologically, that is missing it, although not necessarily so).

There is also another possibility regarding H.264 recordings (if you have them), but for me, it it has always been a corrupt recording (I don't record many H.264 channels):

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10484&p=114717

sgbroimp

Post by sgbroimp » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:42 am

Thanks all. Just downloaded 3 updates which required a re-boot. Presto! All normal again. Go figure!