Win 7 Media Center Sleep Issue Asus Z170 Pro Motherboard

Space

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Space » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:26 am

dmagerl wrote:
There is a reg hack that allows sleep with files open, otherwise it wont sleep.
Just as an FYI, I also had made this change to my system (in addition to the -requestsoverride I mentioned earlier). I had completely forgotten about it. So it may have been one of the things required for me to get sleep working reliably.

For me, sleep with WMC works almost perfectly.

If the PC is sleeping and there is an upcoming recording, the PC wakes in to "away mode" records the program and goes back to sleep 2 minutes (as set) after the recording is completed and the commercial detection is done (I have a separate program that keeps the machine awake while this occurs).

If the system is in away mode (recording) and I press a button on the remote, the PC becomes fully awake (screen turns on) and all is good.

If I press the power button on the remote while the PC is awake, and there is no program recording, the PC goes to sleep.

If I press the power button on the remote while the PC is awake and there IS a program recording, the PC enters "away mode".

This last one is the only one I have a problem with. If I put the PC in to "away mode" while it is recording, the PC never goes to sleep. After the recording is done, it just stays in away mode indefinitely. I have been unable to figure out why this happens.

As a workaround to this, if a program is recording, I do not press the power button on the remote. Instead I just turn the TV off. The PC will eventually go in to sleep (if the recording is over) or away mode (if the recording is still ongoing) on it's own due to the sleep timer (which I have set for 60 minutes). If the PC enters "away mode" due to the sleep timer instead of manually from the remote power button, everything works fine and the PC goes to sleep after the recording/commercial detection is completed. I have no idea why the PC acts differently when it is put in to away mode manually vs. the sleep timer.

WC_Barnstormer

Post by WC_Barnstormer » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:30 am

No server. I only have one folder on the computer shared but that is primarily for moving .txt files after doing backups.
I have not accessed the folder or even put anything in it when this occurs. I also disabled the share to make sure it was not causing the issue and it made no difference.

WC_Barnstormer

Post by WC_Barnstormer » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:12 pm

Quick Update: After a shutdown and reboot and then doing a restart on the computer it has been sleeping like it should. Go figure. I have no idea what would be different but it has been working fine for approx. one week after doing this.
Anyone have any idea as to what would be different as nothing else has been changed?