No sound when HTPC wakes up

Crash2009

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:39 am

They are the same. I just grouped the 3 together for anyone else that might read in the future.

The other EDID file is the one with the pictures, that I was referring to earlier in the thread.

Links to pdf files are not prohibited. Links come and go. The file will remain.

Mike88

Post by Mike88 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:25 am

Just an update -

At the moment I’m going to leave things as is but will get a single long HDMI cable. As mentioned the 2 short cables are connected by a HDMI switch which is powered from the HDMI cable. Not sure if this helps or hinders the situation.

Anyway the problem has settled down to how it was weeks ago. Not sure why there was a string of problems every day. Having a button on the remote programmed to toggle the sound on/off makes short work of any issue should it arise.

I’ve been watching the WMC screen when waking up the PC & noticed a few times the audio symbol in the upper right corner initially indicates muted, but within a split second it changes & shows the volume level. Again, this happens rarely. I have no idea how long this has been happening because it’s a pretty quick flip from off to on and I never noticed it before. But I'm guessing it's an indication of a handshake taking time to complete.

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:51 pm

If you have a cat 5e cables long enough you could use a cat 5e hdmi extenders https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id= ... 4CEALw_wcB they support HDCP at 1080p. May or may not work, some reviews state problems with their older AVRs using them. They also have optional powered ones that support longer distances which may perform better as well for $1 more.