Upload files to Recorded TV?

jriker1

HTPC Specs: Show details

Upload files to Recorded TV?

Post by jriker1 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:43 am

I have a week of time I found out my media center wasn't recording shows. I downloaded them and converted them to WMV format however sticking them in the Recorded TV folder with naming conventions that match what it would have been had MCE recorded it doesn't show. Other than it's WMV vs WTV. Since these shows are days apart from what already recorded, want to make sure I watch these in between the old ones and the ones that are recording now. Is there any way to get MCE to recognize these files and show them in the TV Shows list with the rest of the shows of the same name?

Thanks.

JR

Space

Post by Space » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:52 am

I am pretty sure that only WTV or DVR-MS files (with appropriate metadata) can be put in the "Recorded TV" folders and be displayed within WMC. For other video types, you need to use the "Video" media library.

This means that they will not be viewable within WMC as a single chronological list. You may be able to get that functionality from a WMC add-on such as "Recorded TV HD" (now free), although I have no idea if it actually has that functionality.

jriker1

Post by jriker1 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:20 am

Space wrote:I am pretty sure that only WTV or DVR-MS files (with appropriate metadata) can be put in the "Recorded TV" folders and be displayed within WMC. For other video types, you need to use the "Video" media library.

This means that they will not be viewable within WMC as a single chronological list. You may be able to get that functionality from a WMC add-on such as "Recorded TV HD" (now free), although I have no idea if it actually has that functionality.
Thanks. Can I convert WMV to WTV? All I can find is the other way around.

Thanks.

JR

Space

Post by Space » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:30 am

I don't know, but even if you can, I think you also need the proper metadata for WMC to acknowledge it's existence.

I remember once I was using the metadata editor to change some things in a recorded WTV and something went wrong causing the metadata to be unreadable (by both the editor and WMC itself). I was then unable to see that video in WMC anymore even though I could play it in other video players.