Windows 7 and tuner limit

Indymil

HTPC Specs: Show details

Windows 7 and tuner limit

Post by Indymil » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:44 pm

I have 4 Windows 7 media centers on my home network. In the past I've used 2 HomeRuns and 2 pc's with Ceton pci 4's. I've had some trouble with one of the Ceton's and was hoping to eliminate it. However, I would like to have more than four tuners available on a media center (in fact, when I reloaded W7 this am, it said the limit was 3 tuners?). Is there a solution to the tuner limit in Windows 7? I saw a reference to TunerSalad, but it was pretty old and was not sure it is a current option. Thank you for any input/suggestions....

chaycock

Post by chaycock » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:21 pm

TunerSalad is what I used years ago, however, I do not know if it is still available.
The guy that wrote the EPG123 software also has a way to do it, so you may want to message him and see if he can help.
There is a subforum for EPG123, I would post in there.

Space

Post by Space » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:21 pm

TunerSalad will work, but if you have Ceton drivers installed you can do it easier (and free) by running this from a CMD prompt:

"C:\Program Files\Ceton\Ceton InfiniTV\InfiniTVSvc.exe" /tweakmediacenter

Also, EPG123 comes with a tool to do this as well (also free) if you don't have Ceton drivers.

Indymil

Post by Indymil » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:43 pm

Space wrote:TunerSalad will work, but if you have Ceton drivers installed you can do it easier (and free) by running this from a CMD prompt:

"C:\Program Files\Ceton\Ceton InfiniTV\InfiniTVSvc.exe" /tweakmediacenter

Also, EPG123 comes with a tool to do this as well (also free) if you don't have Ceton drivers.
I downloaded the Ceton software (without the card in the machine). I typed the "C:\ ...." and hit enter (did not do the /tweak part, didn't realize it when I was typing). After running through the TV signal setup ... I was able to use all six (2 silicon dust cards) tuners on the network. Will try for a couple of days and see if this solves the problem. Thank you very much for the input ... will get back here once I see how it performs.