TV Signal Setup failing

droopie

HTPC Specs: Show details

TV Signal Setup failing

Post by droopie » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:15 am

Ok, so I am ready to give up on WMC because of the guide issue, but I thought I would check out EPG123. But when I went thru the setup I noticed I only have 4 tuners. I have 2 Primes, so I reran Tuner Salad and now it shows 6 tuners. But when I run tv signal setup at the tv signal confirmation when I hit next, it hangs there. I have rerun the Digital Cable adviser. I have tried it agreeing to MS guide or saying no to it. But I left it last night and it was hung until tonight when I got home from work. I don't run windows update and only WIndow defender since this 64bit WIn7 box ONLY is used for a headless WMC server for 1 xbox 360.

I have even run system restore to back the end of May when even the MS guide was still working. I am stumped.
Last edited by droopie on Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

lhwidget

Post by lhwidget » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:35 am

I don't use tuner salad, but the instructions say to re-run "The Fix". Download the instruction PDF. Everything went fine when I installed it tonight.

droopie

Post by droopie » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:47 am

It doesn't matter what I do WMC hangs at the TV Signal Confirmation.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:21 pm

Are you using the latest version of the HDHomerun software? Did you disable the Windows Firewall before running the setup wizard?
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:11 pm

The primes can be weird after you delete the ehome folder (Step 1). I'm not sure if this is the same issue reported by other users, but all they had to do was cycle power on the primes and then WMC would recognize them.

Give that a go and see what happens.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

droopie

Post by droopie » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:27 am

I'll give that a shot. At some point the other night it finished but I had been trying so many different things I hadn't rerun Tuner Salad so I only have 4 tuners, but EPG guide date IS working. I am upgrading to 2017612beta3 and will cycle the primes and rerun setup and see what happens.

It gets stuck everytime at TV Signal Confirmation press next to confirm. I hit next and the O starts circling. In the past it has taken maybe 30 seconds to a minutes. Now it just spins and spins. I left it over night the other day and it was still spinning when I got home from work!

droopie

Post by droopie » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:04 pm

I at least have tv on the 360 and a guide working provided by epg123. I just don't know if WMC is seeing 4 tuners or 6. If I go into setup it says 6 since I now have run Tuner Salad, but setup never finishes.
I guess it doesn't matter. I picked up a Tronsmart mini pc and I am working on getting my Harmony remote programmed for it so we can watch HBO and Starz again. I'm just hoping SD hurries up and gets the ability to record DRM channels, not just watch. Then I can probably ditch WMC.