WMC HDMI Screen extremely Dim

dlcaron

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC HDMI Screen extremely Dim

Post by dlcaron » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:37 am

This problem started suddenly. Looking back, I caused it. I'll describe a problem and also the solution.

I was playing with the 3 HDMI input I have on my Samsung 60" TV. I noticed I could put names on the 3 inputs so my wife could more easily use the TV. A couple of days later when I first used WMC from my Windows 7 box which has been active for Years, the screen would start out normal, but after 2-3 seconds would dim so it was not easy to see. I tried everything. Looked up the problem on this Forum as well as others. Even Microsoft had no help. I switched input ports, cables, and even Video cards in my HTPC. Nothing helped. Days later again, I happened upon an article about Samsung TVs that blew my mind. It said "Do not put the name PC on any input for a PC". If you do the screen will dim!

So that was the fix! I has identified my PC input with Samsung's label PC input or such. Changed it to no label and bam...perfect picture!

Crash2009

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:08 am

Thanks for the reminder... I read that awhile back and forgot what brand that was for.