No Video but Audio on SD Channels with XFINITY

gooniegoogoo

HTPC Specs: Show details

No Video but Audio on SD Channels with XFINITY

Post by gooniegoogoo » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:25 am

I have a Ceton INFINITV 4 PCI installed in a Windows 7 Media Center PC that I use 2 XBOX 360s as extenders for and began experiencing an issue with about 3 weeks ago.

The issue is that I am experiencing No Video but normal audio on all my SD Channels (including SD premium channels). For Premium HD Channels I am getting Stuttering Video but normal Audio. FOr all 800+ range HD Channels, the audio & video functions normally.

I have restarted the computer and it works normally for a bit and then just reverts back to the issue.

Anyone have any pointers on how to troubleshoot?? I know talking to Comcast is going to be a Pain in the ass.....

gooniegoogoo

Post by gooniegoogoo » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:54 am

Well.....contacted Comcast...and they said I needed a new CableCard and would ship it to me. Hilariously they tried to charge me a Shipping Charge and I was like "Why is there a shipping charge when the item is your faulty equipment?" THey promptly said they would waive the shipping....lol.

We shall see how it goes.

sgbroimp

Post by sgbroimp » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:08 pm

Did they try a signal refresh with you first? I had lost video (audio ok) on my Premiums (SD) and the refresh worked in just a few seconds....