HDCP error on live TV

tallica2002

HTPC Specs: Show details

HDCP error on live TV

Post by tallica2002 » Tue May 30, 2017 12:29 am

I'm recently having a real problem with hdcp I have a Gigabyte brix i3 with windows 7 64 bit I've tried restarting mce, restarting computer and keep getting hdcp error I can play recordings fine but when I try to watch something live I get hdcp error. I can even select record on a show and go instantly and watch it from recordings. I would get this error every once in a while but a restart would fix it now it doesn't seem to be going away is there a recent update I should be looking at or something.

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Tue May 30, 2017 12:53 am

Are you using display port? If so it's not compatible with WMC. Also you might be having a problem with your display not being detected properly and your sound settings can cause this is the post I'm referring to http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 527#p90527 see the 3rd paragraph for how you should set your sound settings in windows.

Space

Post by Space » Tue May 30, 2017 2:12 am

The symptoms you are describing are what happens when HDCP is not working between your graphics card and your display. You can record and watch non-copy protected shows without a problem. But if you try to watch any channel live (copy protected or not), it will give that error. You will also get that error when trying to watch any recording that is copy-protected.

If you get that error while trying to watch non-copy protected live TV and then minimize/maximize the window, it should work again, but you will have to do that every time you change to a different channel or start live TV.

The solution is to determine why HDCP is not working between your devices. As already mentioned, DisplayPort is not an HDCP compliant option when using WMC.

tallica2002

Post by tallica2002 » Tue May 30, 2017 2:09 pm

this setup has been working fine for at least a year and actually is working fine again today I was hoping i wasnt the only one and maybe this might have been some windows update or something is there possibly a newer hdmi or a good hdmi cable i can try because I havent replaced that in a long time

Space

Post by Space » Tue May 30, 2017 3:02 pm

If it was working fine and just started happening then it is most likely a cable going bad or a bad connector on your TV or video card. I had the same problem and it turned out being the connector on the TV. If you have another HDMI port on the TV, try that and see if it works better. If not, then try replacing the HDMI cable (my cable company gave me some for free).

sgbroimp

Post by sgbroimp » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:15 pm

Assume you are using WMC. If so, did you try rebooting your PC, then redoing the TV signal setup in the WMC settings menu?