What do you use as a metadata manager?

jachin99

HTPC Specs: Show details

What do you use as a metadata manager?

Post by jachin99 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:55 pm

I am looking for a metadata manger, and I really don't want to pay for it but before I try to install anything, I'd like to see what others are using. I would like to get cover art, actors, title descriptions, etc.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Tue May 23, 2017 7:58 pm

http://www.mediacentermaster.com/

The free version works great.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Thu May 25, 2017 12:46 am

jachin99 wrote:I am looking for a metadata manger, and I really don't want to pay for it but before I try to install anything, I'd like to see what others are using. I would like to get cover art, actors, title descriptions, etc.
Riddle me this... what are you looking for a metadata manger for ?

I use YAMMM for Meta data management for the movie library... It's easy... just drop a folder in your movie folder named the movie

For example...

D:\movies
D:\movies\E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)\E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982).mkv

If you drop a folder like that with the year of the movie, YAMMM will automatically find the meta data and art for it.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Thu May 25, 2017 1:00 am

I'm thinking I already had some version of YAMM or something really close to it that was bundled with Ceton MMC. I asked this question because I was getting titles, and cover art for most of my movies but, I wasn't getting any descriptions. My library is a combination of MKVs, and recorded TV. I was debating YAMM but one thing I like about MMC is that it does trailers. My most wanted features are cover art, and good descriptions along with actors, etc. If its on par with what I get with EPG123, then it is probably good enough

ZippyTheChicken

Post by ZippyTheChicken » Mon May 29, 2017 3:27 pm

when I convert from wtv to mp4 with MCEBuddy there are options to download meta and preview images . I find that the meta in the original file is sufficient and the meta is preserved then I use FileBot to rename the files then I use Kodi to watch everything. Kodi will download images for its own use but it does not embed them in the files which I like because sometimes the images are not very good or don't match. I don't use WMC to watch anything but live tv because I move my files after conversion.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Mon May 29, 2017 8:29 pm

All of the media that I want to keep ends up on my server, and I have the free version of media center master installed on the server. My problem now is even though all of the metadata is on the server machine, I don't get any movie info on my client but I do get cover art. Is Yamm like this also? Do I need to install a metadata program on every machine that reads from a server's library as well no matter what metadata provider I choose?