No TV Signal Detected Until Channel Is Changed

Shippa

HTPC Specs: Show details

No TV Signal Detected Until Channel Is Changed

Post by Shippa » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:18 pm

I have a Windows 7 SP 1 system (new clean install) with BGT3600 tuner in the UK. Windows Media Center is configured to use this tuner.

When I load WMC and select any terrestrial channel, I receive the message "There is currently no TV signal detected for this channel. ..." If I cancel that and try a different channel then it works alright. If I then go back to the original channel that works alright as well. Needless to say, if I do not ensure the tuner works, my scheduled recordings do not record. However if I select any satellite channel it works first go.

If before I load WMC I go to the Windows Media Center receiver service, if it is stopped then I start it, stop it and start it, if it is started then I stop it and start it, then all works okay first time.

I have another WMC PC running Windows 7 SP 1 which works perfectly okay. The only difference that I can see between the two is although in both the receiver service is set to manual start, the one that works properly has the log on set to Network Service whereas the one that has the above problem is set to Local System. I have tried to change the log on from Local System to Network Service but it always changes back again.

Any ideas on this?

Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard and Intel Core i7-3770 Quad Core 3.4GHz Bundle

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:25 am

Check your network/workgroup.

Setup your libraries on the one that don't work.....

Share something.

another thought is, open up WMC edit sources, edit channels....reduce the number of sources that the problem channels have. On mine I had 21 sources for the same show...7 tuners X 3 channels.

We had someone with the same problem awhile ago, Ill see if I can find it.

See any similarities to this one?

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 11#p115811

Shippa

Post by Shippa » Mon May 01, 2017 5:23 pm

Thanks for your response, I have some questions to your suggestions;

Check your network/workgroup.
Workgroup is the same on both PCs

Setup your libraries on the one that don't work.....
Libraries are set up and working

Share something.
Not sure what this means, do you mean share a driver or folder?

another thought is, open up WMC edit sources, edit channels....reduce the number of sources that the problem channels have. On mine I had 21 sources for the same show...7 tuners X 3 channels.
I just have two ticks on the sources, one for each tuner. There are more entries, can these be removed?

We had someone with the same problem awhile ago, Ill see if I can find it.
Great if you can find a similar problem. I did find someone with an identical problem on a Microsoft site but nobody ever replied with a suggestion.

See any similarities to this one?
No, this is a different problem.
viewtopic.php?p=115811#p115811

Shippa

Post by Shippa » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:29 am

I have had some success with this problem.

I installed the 8.1.1.2 driver in place of the 9.1.0.5 driver for the BGT3600 and the problem went away.

The reason I say some success is that it introduced another problem and that is it will only operate with one of the two DVB T tuners!

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:57 am

Good progress. Have you emailed BlackGold yet? To see what they suggest.

http://www.blackgold.tv/support/

Try the older drivers 7.6.9.0....Looks like "Lost Tuners" were introduced in driver 8.1.1.2
Attachments
BGT36XX.JPG
Last edited by Crash2009 on Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shippa

Post by Shippa » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:00 am

I haven't emailed BlackGold because in the past I have not received any reply from them. I don't think they have anyone working in support anymore.