Netflix + Guide Info Outage?

wantsnetflixpls

HTPC Specs: Show details

Netflix + Guide Info Outage?

Post by wantsnetflixpls » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:59 pm

Hello!

I factory reset an old computer running Windows 7, and have been trying to set it up for my mom. The only thing missing is Netflix on the media center.

I've tried:

-Updating through Settings > General, only to get a fail to download error (which is when I found this site's thread on the guide outages).

-Using a link to microsoft downloads (Netflixinwindowsmediacenter.exe), however the link is inactive.

Is there a solution I'm missing? Do these outages tend to last long?

Thanks for the help :) And sorry if this is posted in the wrong section!

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:10 pm

If you search the forum, you can find where someone has posted their program data folder that has the old plugin. The only problem with it that none of your remote buttons (pause, play, fast forward, rewind) will work. I believe the post is about the netflix search fix. There is also a new plugin where the remote buttons will work on a site called sharepointadept. If you search the forums you should find both.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:24 pm

Netflix and Microsoft have disabled the old Microsoft supplied Netflix app it will no longer work and cannot be made to do so. There is an app available to replace it (links to it available elsewhere in this forum) and some have had success with it but I have one machine that won't work with that app at all either.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:55 pm

I'm using the original Netflix addon. I have it on 2 PCs. I just haven't found a way to make fast forward, reverse etc. work. I have it on a machine with regular EPG123 updates, and I'm pretty sure when I had that same machine on ROVI, updates didn't kill it.

wantsnetflixpls

Post by wantsnetflixpls » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:40 pm

Thanks for the responses!

I searched this site, and found/used this: https://sharepointadept.com/netflix-for ... ia-center/

There were a few bugs, but it might be fixable. Otherwise, I think in-browser Netflix might be the only solution :lol:

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:22 pm

It looks like you made the right choice. The MCE netflix plugin was working earlier this week but last night on both of my machines, it wouldn't load anything. If this isn't a wierd glitch it looks like its time to switch.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:31 am

Update to the Netflix issue, it looks like their flash player might have been down. I was reading something online the other night, and I came across a page for Netflix development (No API mentioned there) that showed a flash player. I reinstalled the factory Netflix, and it works. This might still be around for a while because I'm betting there are tons of TVs, Bluray players, etc. that use the Netflix flash site.

ZippyTheChicken

Post by ZippyTheChicken » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:10 pm

netflix is a joke they are pulling support from everything they can with no real reason.. its getting to the point you have to use an approved device and nothing else. A lot of companies are getting like this because of copyright issues.. such on android boxes you need to use a high priced NVIDIA Shield or the best you might be able to do is watch the video in SD quality.

I have a Ceton 4 Tuner Cable Card.. screw Netflix... my Archive is now over 30,000 recorded tv shows and movies... Netflix won't see one cent from me with their attitude and they are losing content left and right.

If Netflix doesnt start offering live TV they are going to lose this battle in the end
because a lot of the Live TV services now offer On Demand from their archives of movies and shows.