Photos Folder from Synology NAS

preveo

HTPC Specs: Show details

Photos Folder from Synology NAS

Post by preveo » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:56 am

When I add a photos folder shared from a synology NAS it just shows one folder when I go to My Pictures and I have to click on that folder to see all the other folders within the photos folder on the nas.

Is there a registry hack or setting I can use that will show all the folders within that one shared photo folder on the NAS when I click on my pictures?

B

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:59 pm

One way would be to go in to WMC libraries and add every folder in the pictures folder of the nas.

Another way would be to take the contents of each folder and dump them into nas/pictures

Someone might know a reg hack but I dont.

I just throw them all into /pictures and use title to organize. I do the same for RecordedTV as you can see in the 2nd snip. The photo's would have to be named with some type of organization such as xmas2013_001, 002, 003, etc

Include Subfolders might work for you. Like the 1st snip. When I clicked the + the folder 2016-06-20 automatically got check-marked.
Attachments
RecordedTV002.JPG
RecordedTV001.JPG

preveo

Post by preveo » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:01 pm

Thanks. Will give it a go.

Doctor Feelgood

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:32 am

Yeah - I share each folder, too. I have a Synology NAS, but right now the pics are being shared from a Windows PC that is the MCE server. The issue is the same despite the platform.

My pics are all sorted by year, so instead of the /Pictures/ folder being shared and all new subfolders being added automatically, it just means that each year I have to add a new folder... /Pictures/2017/ for example. I like this approach too, as it makes each year an icon at the top level of Media Centers' Pictures interface...