Popup at WMC start, graphics card fails to meet

atomasze

HTPC Specs: Show details

Popup at WMC start, graphics card fails to meet

Post by atomasze » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:07 pm

I have built a new HTPC using ASrock B250 gaming MB, i3-6100 CPU, 8 Gig RAM, Windows 7 Ult. to replace ageing system. So after booting or sometimes restarting from sleep. When i first start WMC i get a popup in on screen that tells me the graphics card doesn't have the required memory. I have the onboard Intel 530 HDMI graphics enabled for this.

Now i select OK from the popup and WMC starts. I then exit WMC and restart, and it restarts with no warning. Everything seems to be running fine other then the popup warning at first start.

Anybody see this before or know the fix if any. I suspect it might be installing a new graphics card but trying to use the onboard.

Thanks
Andy

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:59 am

Did you run the digital cable advisor DCA.

Also there is a bypass if your video card fails the DCA

atomasze

Post by atomasze » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:12 pm

Yes, DCA was run, no problem. I'm not having any problems running WMC. Its just a popup when you start WMC for the first time after restart. I accept and close the warning popup and restart WMC with no other problems. I suspect it has something to do with the onboard video support. Just hoped someone has seen this and knew a fix.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:40 pm

Have you checked your Power and Sleep Settings? (maybe turn off notifications)

atomasze

Post by atomasze » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:03 pm

I have not modified any power or sleep settings from default. I believe something to do with the onboard GPU is causing the problem. Once i acknowledge the message WMC starts. I then close it and restart and all is fine. Just an annoyance right now, but would like to find the solution sometime. Maybe it will be a bios update.

Funny thing is i built the system using one TV and several boots and no problem. When i moved this system into location and connected to different TV, this is when i started seeing the popup. Maybe i will try booting in safe mode and deleting graphics driver and let system update on it own.

Always fun. Thanks for the help.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:19 pm

New TV.....try connecting the HTPC's HDMI OUT to the new TV's HDMI/DVI IN