Mixed Channel Sources Cable Card

Micmann

HTPC Specs: Show details

Mixed Channel Sources Cable Card

Post by Micmann » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:39 am

I have the quad tuner infinitv PCie card with a Comcast feed and cable card. Been running like a champ for years until some recent particular issues. In attempting to diagnose another issue I found that under channel sources for NBCHD 810 it has 8 sources - not 4. NBCSD 10 also has eight sources - not 4.

Channel 810 sources lists as follows: tuner 1 - channel 810, tuner 2 - channel 810, tuner 3 channel 810, tuner 4 channel 810, tuner 1 channel 10, tuner 2 channel 10, tuner 3 channel 10, tuner 4 channel 10. All are checked.

Channel 10 sources lists as follows: tuner 1 - channel 10, tuner 2 - channel 10, tuner 3 channel 10, tuner 4 channel 10, tuner 1 channel 810, tuner 2 channel 810, tuner 3 channel 810, tuner 4 channel 810.

Why are these channel sources crossing and duplicating? 810 is a new channel that NBC moved to from 807 on my Comcast feed starting 1/1/2017. 807 had no problems. I reran tuner setup and no change, still crossing and duplication. So I unchecked the four channel 10 tuners under channel 810 and unchecked the four 810 tuners under channel 10. I'm having a pixelation issue I have posed in another thread on channel 810 and am wondering if this might be contributing to the issue. However, even unchecking the crossed tuners I still have pixelation on 810.

I have read in other threads and forums that having mixed sources can wreak havoc on channel tuning. Seems puzzling to me that these sources are default mixed on the same channel I am having a different issue with. I scanned through other channels and there was only the 4 tuners per channel as it should be and no crossing or duplication.

I have a feeling that even though I am unchecking and disabling the source, WMC is not letting it go. WMC may be fighting a source merging between 810 and 10 giving me my other pixelation issue. Maybe??

Without crossing over my posts I'm just trying to isolate this particular issue of cross and duplicated sources in this thread. Any thoughts on how to clear the crossover and duplication? Why are they there? Why is 810 grabbing 10 and vise/versa? These are cable feed not OTA. So there should not be any stray signal WMC is detecting. I don't trust unchecking the sources. I would like to have them not even appear where they don't belong. I would then feel better WMC is clear on what sources to use for what channels. This way I can rule out this issue in my hunt to clear my other issue.

Thanks in advance.

Crash2009

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:43 am

I dont know why they are doing what they are doing, but Create a restore point in windows, go back in to edit sources and try unchecking the tuners that don't belong.

Get rid of the 810's attached to the 10 channel. And get rid of the 10's attached to the 810 channel.

By the way, I use the HDHR (3 tuner) and when I go in to edit channel/edit sources, I have 9 tuners listed.....only 6 are checkmarked