Subchannel not coming in

n4mwd

HTPC Specs: Show details

Subchannel not coming in

Post by n4mwd » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:43 pm

I have been using WMC for several years now. Just starting yesterday, the subchannel 12.3 stopped tuning in whereas the main channel 12.1 and the subchannel 12.2 tune in just fine. I restarted the machine and the tuner and it does the same thing. Manually reloading the guide didn't fix it either.

The only thing I found was that GuideTool shows a "(3)" under the tuner column with no explanation as to why its there or how to fix it. Its the only channel with a "(3)", but there are numerous "(1)" and "(2)" entries.

Anybody have any ideas as to what is going on?

Rainey

Post by Rainey » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:57 am

I had a simular thing happen to me.
The three means you have three different sources for that channel.

In the guide in WMC if you right click on the 12.3 channel you can edit channel and there you can select only one of the 3 sources that works and disable the other two.

If it gets bad like mine did i had to delete the channel from Guide listing and then add it back in WMC tasks- TV- Guide.

n4mwd

Post by n4mwd » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:38 pm

THANKS!!!

I didn't realize the channel could be edited from inside WMC. Your instructions were perfect. Its working fine now. If it happens again, I will delete the Guide listing like you said and add it back.