Recording cut into three pieces

groucho111

HTPC Specs: Show details

Recording cut into three pieces

Post by groucho111 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:51 am

I Just did some upgrading of tuners etc. I now have two HDHR primes, two internal ATSC cards and on external USB dual ATSC tuner.

any way the show "This is Us" records but it is cut into three pieces every week. At first I thought it was a tuner malfunction but the pieces are the exact same length every week, so to me that is saying there is something wrong with how the show is set to record and not the tuners. I even told WMC to stop recording the series and went back and set it up again. Didn't help.

the show records in these three chunks: 50 min, 5 min, and another 15 min.=70 min. I have WMC set up to start 5 min early and go ten min after a show is over so a recording stays on the same tuner without trying to switch. This Is Us is the only show this happens with.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
Steve

groucho111

Post by groucho111 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:16 pm

SO...I went back and searched the forum and found where other people have had the same issue in the past. Didn't search properly before I posted to find them I guess.
Anyway, I moved the "This is Us" to the top of the priority list to see if that helps. I also had a news show i recorded every night at 8:00 PM that I moved to a 1:00 AM when it airs again, to free up a tuner during prime time. I'll have to wait until after the new year to see if it worked when "TIU" comes back on again.

captain_video

Post by captain_video » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:39 pm

Try setting your recordings to record 10 minutes before and after. I've had similar issues with other recordings, but it was usually due to something that interrupted the signal or the signal strength dropped too low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk