Split 2 OTA CBS Network channels?

SciFiGeek

HTPC Specs: Show details

Split 2 OTA CBS Network channels?

Post by SciFiGeek » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:16 am

I have a PCIe Ceton InfiniTV 6 PCIe and a HDHomerun.

I am in the Northern Ky - Cincinnati Ohio Market and get most Dayton OH channels OTA.

My local CBS 9.1 and the Dayton 7.1 for OTA are combined and I want to split them - Help?

For various signal reasons I try to record both shows on both Ceton and HDhomerun when possible, not the least of which is the sensitive Ceton PCIe dongle (usually stable but I have a quadraped). The OTA shows do not re-air like most cable shows, so this is my redundancy.

I have often had to split my cable (Ceton) tuner from the OTA counterpart (HDhomerun). I want to do the same for these two CBS OTA channels but do not see a way to do it. Obviously the local 9.1 should be a more reliable signal than the 7.1 further away so when I noticed a show recording on 7.1, I am concerned. Doubly so since the guide went wonky and it did not record on cable (I know EPG123 but I don't have the money for the guide right now and the prospect of dealing with all my series recordings is a little daunting as it will be a year before everything comes back around for setup). Seems like a problem to look into once I get up to speed on .Net.

Reasons to have the other market... Pre-empted showings... Football or breaking local news like weather.... I'd have to be aware since I have to force record a specific channel to ensure the duplicates but just today some local Cincinnati police related court case was pre-empting the national breaking news...

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:53 pm

On the more reliable tuner record 7.1, to do this on the channel in the guide right click and edit channels. From there edit sources deselect the ceton. On 9.1 do the opposite and deselect the homerun and any problematic tuners on the ceton.

SciFiGeek

Post by SciFiGeek » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:46 am

cwinfield wrote:On the more reliable tuner record 7.1, to do this on the channel in the guide right click and edit channels. From there edit sources deselect the ceton. On 9.1 do the opposite and deselect the homerun and any problematic tuners on the ceton.
The issue is both those channels are OTA and use the same source. Both are CBS. What I need to do is somehow spit the listings for the guide... Which I know how to do if it is a separate tuner but since it is not, I am at a loss.

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:24 am

Then I would suggest adding another OTA tuner. Maybe I'm failing to understand what your saying, are both channels the same box in the guide? Some screenshots might be more descriptive of the issue your having.

SciFiGeek

Post by SciFiGeek » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:02 am

Oops origianlly thought I was updating a different thread, hence the edit.

I switched to EPG 123 and haven't looked back. I had forgotten about this co-mingled channel issue. Somewhere in the clean setup this went away.