Intermittent recording issues on one channel

CXK

HTPC Specs: Show details

Intermittent recording issues on one channel

Post by CXK » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:41 am

I've been having issues with NBC for a while now, it only appears to be while recording that channel. It will be fine for a while and then I'll get a couple seconds of what I recorded in the video below.

Any ideas?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcBxj6g ... e=youtu.be

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:06 am

let me guess: SiliconDust HD Homerun tuners.

OTA or cableCARD?

I had this problem on one channel for the longest time. Thought it was the antenna having problems with the signal. Then a flash hit me, and I went and moved the top two tuners to the bottom of the list for that channel in Edit Sources. Voila, problem solved.

Bad tuners, I guess. I've thought about replacing that particular HD Homerun. But I have others to rely on.

CXK

Post by CXK » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:08 am

adam1991 wrote:let me guess: SiliconDust HD Homerun tuners.

OTA or cableCARD?

I had this problem on one channel for the longest time. Thought it was the antenna having problems with the signal. Then a flash hit me, and I went and moved the top two tuners to the bottom of the list for that channel in Edit Sources. Voila, problem solved.

Bad tuners, I guess. I've thought about replacing that particular HD Homerun. But I have others to rely on.
OTA. I'll have to see if I can figure out how to do that. I didnt know you could do that for each channel. I've got one internal dual tuner and a HDHR dual external.

Edit
Figured it out, I'll have to see how that goes.

Jewell

Post by Jewell » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:54 pm

Hi. You wrote: " I went and moved the top two tuners to the bottom of the list for that channel in Edit Sources."

Where is Edit Sources? I cannot find this anywhere. Is it in WMC or someplace in the tuner's configuration? I do find where it lists my tuners (I have 3, one of which is a dual), but it doesn't give me any option to specify priority. Thanks.

EDIT - Never mind. I found it buried under WMC Settings->TV->Guide->Edit Channels->click OK on channel->Edit Sources

garnuts

Post by garnuts » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:19 pm

Jewell wrote:Hi. You wrote: " I went and moved the top two tuners to the bottom of the list for that channel in Edit Sources."

Where is Edit Sources? I cannot find this anywhere. Is it in WMC or someplace in the tuner's configuration? I do find where it lists my tuners (I have 3, one of which is a dual), but it doesn't give me any option to specify priority. Thanks.

EDIT - Never mind. I found it buried under WMC Settings->TV->Guide->Edit Channels->click OK on channel->Edit Sources
Another faster way:

> open guide
> right click on channel number you want to edit (left column with ch # and logo)
> select 'Edit Channel' from pop-up menu
> select 'Edit Sources'
> change tuner order as desired
> save