Movie Metadata

pdean

HTPC Specs: Show details

Movie Metadata

Post by pdean » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:36 pm

I do not understand why my Movies do not show any metadata even though each of them have a metadata file in the same directory as the movie folder. All I see is no synopsis available. I do see the folder.jpg image that is in the same folder. All I have stored on my win 7 media center pc is recorded tv and everything else is on my win 8 server. Each computer is running Ceton My Media Center but the yammm is turned off on each and I got the metadata file through media center master. The metadata does not show when viewed from my media center running on my server either.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:21 am

pdean wrote:I do not understand why my Movies do not show any metadata even though each of them have a metadata file in the same directory as the movie folder. All I see is no synopsis available. I do see the folder.jpg image that is in the same folder. All I have stored on my win 7 media center PC is recorded tv and everything else is on my win 8 server. Each computer is running Ceton My Media Center but the yammm is turned off on each and I got the metadata file through media center master. The metadata does not show when viewed from my media center running on my server either.
If you are using "My Movies" then go to the My Movies site, I bet there would be some good info there for ya. I tried it a year ago, and had nothing but problems so I gave it up.

If your using the built in Movie Library... there are some options like YAMM to help with that..
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

pdean

Post by pdean » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:25 pm

I never understood why but YAMMM never seemed to do anything for me. I recently followed these directions. http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/11353/ad ... e-library/ After running for days nothing. What is the trick.