WMC is not functional after Windows reinstall

stevethebrain

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC is not functional after Windows reinstall

Post by stevethebrain » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:57 pm

After win7 OS reinstall WMC is none functional

Not exactly sure what caused my HTPC to not bootup,( I frequently shutdown the HTPC usalley at night or when HTPC is unused) so I recloned my OS SSD w/ the orginal HDDs OS.

The PC will bootup, initialley after WMC setup when attempting to play WMC I got this error
Video files are not installed or working correctly restart , restarting resolved nothing.

Next I reinstalled Haupauge drivers that I have saved on a storage HDD, result was I no longer get the

Video files are not installed or working correctly restart error instead when I click a recorded program to watch
Then click play WMC reverts back to the list of recorded programs.

W7MC will not install playready it doe’s recognize my TV channels during resetup but won’t play live TV.

I’ve used Haupauge and Silicon dust homerun tuners to record my programs none will play.

I’m currently trying to get just the Haupauge tuner functional because my internet signal constantly drops out
So until I resolve WIFI I would like at least have one or two Haupauge tuners.

Thanks Silicon dust for forceing folks to have WIFI to setup. Also Silicon dust homerun tuners are sub par compared to
The older Haupauge 1800 tuner I have, even my Haupauge USB tuner outperforms the SD when a show gets partially
Recorded it’s 90% of the time the SD.

After win7 OS reinstall I observed in W7MC tasks that destination drive for record my programs was the C drive I changed it back to the F drive still unresolved TV and play.

Thanks for any advice

DanH

Post by DanH » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:21 am

Update the video drivers to the latest ones available from the OEM. This might solve all your problems.
Was Danh_HP_m376n

cKuR6

Post by cKuR6 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:46 am

Play ready causes me constant issues on reinstalls.
Close wmc.
Go to services and stop the windows media center receiver service
Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady and delet the .hds file (back it up first if you want, but my backup still doesn't let me watch all my recordings)
Reboot
Open wmc, tasks, tv, and you should find the option to update play ready.
This worked for me. There are ten other ways you can find, but this seemed simplest and worked on mine.
Did you run digital cable advisor?

stevethebrain

Post by stevethebrain » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:27 pm

update this is what I http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/s ... r1800.html DL and install on the HTPC still can't use W7MC

still can't record or watch W&MC

all my recorded programs can be watched w/ windows media player.

anyone w/ suggestion.
Thanks STB

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/suppor...t_hvr1800.html