Losing Tuners in WMC

joeer77

HTPC Specs: Show details

Losing Tuners in WMC

Post by joeer77 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:22 pm

Hi all. I did a search and did not see a thread on this. I run 2 Ceton InfiniTV4 tuners on my Windows 7 64bit HTPC for a total of 8 tuners. Lately I have been having cable modem issues. Every time I lose internet, WMC reduces the number of available tuners on my system. This weekend while away, the power went out and and I was reduced to 7 tuners and receive a pop up when trying to record that there is no signal/tuner. I reset the Ceton cards in Ceton diagnostics and re-do WMC tuner setup and I get my tuners back. Anyone else seeing this issue and know how to prevent? From Ceton software and Windows network settings everything appears fine.

glugglug

Post by glugglug » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:11 am

I think I saw similar when I was on TWC. Not in the past 3+ years on FIOS.

The tuners weren't "gone", they were taking a long time (sometimes 5+ minutes) to re-establish DRM pairing, and in the web interface you would see the unpaired tuners with red or orange status instead of green. IIRC the problem only happened when using tuning adapters. Without them everything is paired within a minute after boot.

When you lose internet, it is probably screwing with your tuning adapters. Try disconnecting and reconnecting them from USB or restarting the service for them.

droopie

Post by droopie » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:40 am

I have been having the same problem with 2 SiliconDust Prime 3 tuner boxes. I run tuner salad and WMC recognizes 32 tuners. Then randomly I see warnings on the tv that there are not enough tuners to record a scheduled recording. I got into tv setup and it shows 2 tuners. I rerun tuner salad and go back into WMC setup and have 6 tuners again. I haven't found a cause for it. Although lately we have had a bunch of cable outages. I am on Comcast and don't have tuner adapters.