Local station does not send VCD IDs

henrikk

HTPC Specs: Show details

Local station does not send VCD IDs

Post by henrikk » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:53 pm

My local over-the-air ABC channel KRHD-TV does not broadcast/send VCD ID's (according to SiliconDust). This does not appear to impact viewing the channel with a TV or even viewing the channel with VLC directly from the HDHomeRun tuners. My Windows 7 media center, however, will not display the channel without a valid Virtual Channel ID. The media center finds the channel and indicates good signal strenght, but nothing displays. I am using two HDHR4-2US tuners. I contacted SiliconDust support and their response is to contact the local station and have them fix the problem. I tried, no success so far.

Do I have any options to get the channel to display in my Windows 7 media center?

- Henrik

henrikk

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by henrikk » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:54 am

If anyone knows the answer to this it would be appreciated. It appears my local station, after of weeks of not broadcasting the VCD ID's, started to do so again. Not sure if my email to the engineering contact helped resolve the matter since they never responded. For right now my issue is resolved, but the problem is still something someone might encounter.

- Henrik
henrikk wrote:My local over-the-air ABC channel KRHD-TV does not broadcast/send VCD ID's (according to SiliconDust). This does not appear to impact viewing the channel with a TV or even viewing the channel with VLC directly from the HDHomeRun tuners. My Windows 7 media center, however, will not display the channel without a valid Virtual Channel ID. The media center finds the channel and indicates good signal strenght, but nothing displays. I am using two HDHR4-2US tuners. I contacted SiliconDust support and their response is to contact the local station and have them fix the problem. I tried, no success so far.

Do I have any options to get the channel to display in my Windows 7 media center?

- Henrik