Recordings Showing 1 Minute and No Information Available

Mailman74

HTPC Specs: Show details

Recordings Showing 1 Minute and No Information Available

Post by Mailman74 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:11 pm

I am trying to fix this problem where recordings are showing 1 minute and no information. I am new to commercial scanning and in the process renamed and deleted the original recordings. I renamed the new files the same as the original but seems like the metadata is not there. Is there a way to rebuild metadata so my shows will show up correctly in recorded tv?

Windom

Post by Windom » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:47 am

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I am having this problem with a bunch of shows. The files seem to be the full size but they show as 1 minute with the actual filename instead of the show name. Has the metadata become corrupted? Any way to fix it? Has anyone else run into this problem and found a way to fix it? Thanks.

Rainey

Post by Rainey » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:35 am

Do you have more then one WMC PC running?
Are you trying to View recording from one PC on the other?

If so than that can cause this issue you report if WMC is open on one PC when the other is recording the problem file. If the recording happens and completes while the other WMC PC is not being used then everything is OK.

Windom

Post by Windom » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:59 am

No, only one WMC PC running.

I came home and my WMC PC was in a bad state. Overall memory usage was high and my scheduled shows had not recorded. The PC was very slow so I rebooted at that point. WMC said it recovered from an error and it had to "rebuild" its list of recorded shows and also rebuild the TV guide. A bunch of shows came back in this bad state, although I've other recordings in this state over the year. When viewed in explorer, the show length column is empty.

Rainey

Post by Rainey » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:30 am

The only way i know to correct this and it only works if the files (recorded TV) are not the problem, That is the info in the files (meta data) in not corrupted. But your explorer comment seem it may be.

If you move the files to a new directory they will be reread by WMC and entered in to the database of recoredTV shows again. So either create a second RecordedTV directory or in the current RecordedTV directory create a directory like Old shows and move some of the bad files there to test if the run times get corrected.