Unable to play recordings after reinstall

theburnei

HTPC Specs: Show details

Unable to play recordings after reinstall

Post by theburnei » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:30 pm

My computer window 8 did crash and we had to reinstall all the software from scratch, that included the windows media center, so I got everything working but I cannot play my previously recorded videos, is giving me and error saying that Media center cannot play prerecorded videos from another PC. I do watch the Media center via the Xbox.
http://fud.community.services.support.m ... baeb3c04fc this what I get in the screen.

some one suggested I do this Try the steps mentioned in the "Resolution" section of this support article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/891664.
But There is no Manage License under tools my version of Windows Media Player is 12.0.9600.18229,

Is any solution to this?

Thank you,

Kosta

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:31 pm

When you reinstalled Windows you destroyed the DRM keys needed to playback those recordings. Unless you have a system image prior to the reinstall, you are unable to play those recordings.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

theburnei

Post by theburnei » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:53 pm

Apparently the person who did the work dint made an image prior restoring the system, anyway is any way around this issue.

Kosta

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:13 pm

theburnei wrote:Apparently the person who did the work dint made an image prior restoring the system, anyway is any way around this issue.
No.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

theburnei

Post by theburnei » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:33 pm

thank you,
Kosta

theburnei

Post by theburnei » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:21 pm

Hi, I have deferent of a problem can any one help me?
My window 8 crash so I install windows 10, after all done I canto find my Infintv 4 by ceton, this card was working in this hardware configuration before and now is not there.
any one has any suggestion.
thank you,
Kosta

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:21 pm

theburnei wrote:Hi, I have deferent of a problem can any one help me?
My window 8 crash so I install windows 10, after all done I canto find my Infintv 4 by ceton, this card was working in this hardware configuration before and now is not there.
any one has any suggestion.
thank you,
Kosta
You need to do homework before installing. Windows 10 WMC does not support cablecards or DRM (some of the very early versions did). If you want to use a cablecard tuner, you need to go back to Windows 8. No way around it...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012