Refreshed Windows 8, now having trouble with sleep and WOL

chupon

HTPC Specs: Show details

Refreshed Windows 8, now having trouble with sleep and WOL

Post by chupon » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:15 pm

So last week I had to refresh windows 8 due to profile corruption. I tried lots of other options before doing this but sadly this was all I could do.

I was able to get everything working and recordings are chugging along, but the biggest problem I have now is my sleep/WOL settings aren't working as before.

Nothing in my BIOS changed. I verified the NIC has the ability to wake on lan and with the magic packet only. My sleep settings seem ok, is there anything I am missing?

Basically I want my machine to sleep when not recording, wake up to record, then go back to sleep. I had this working perfectly before the refresh and now it's completely broken. It doesn't wake up to record and when I turn on an xbox and go to WMC it doesn't wake up either.

Also if I leave wake on lan and magic packet both checked on the NIC, it sleeps then immediately wakes up. If I turn off wake on lan, but leave magic packet only, it will at least go to sleep, but never wakes up until I force it to wake up.

powercfg only shows the NIC (no mouse, keyboard, etc)

--

Any guidance out there? Thanks.

chupon

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by chupon » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:28 pm

Ok I haven't had a lot of time to test with the holidays, but it seems that it is actually waking up to record.

So what's left that's not working is to have the 360s wake up the PC when they boot to WMC. I have three in the house. Do I need to somehow set them up as devices to wake the PC also?